WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Sadly my first Invicta was close to DOA

886 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Barometer Watch 
#1 ·
So I got my first Invicta - a beautiful 6087 Diver's watch from my wife for XMAS.

We purchased from an Ebay seller with great feedback and he is taking good care of this issue.

I was curious if others have ever seen this....

When I first opened it the buttons worked and the power reserve showed 100%. Just a small time later it went to EOL mode (second hand moving in 4 sec increments).
:scared:
Took to the watchmaker today and he installed a new battery. It worked for about 2 minutes as before, then went to EOL then went dead.

Watch movement must have a short or something that is killing the battery.

Has anyone experienced this before. The watch has a ISASWISS 8173 movement. Though the ISASWISS site says Swiss made the watchmaker said the movement said 'China' on it.

Anyway - anyone else ever see these symptoms before ?

Watch on its way back to my seller for a refund.

See less See more
#3 ·
ISA (ISASWISS) that company's like invicta, wenger, victorinox, and other brands use is a Swiss parts ISA. Swiss parts made in china. I had one in a pepsi dial pro diver with one. Crude but over all a perfectly fine movement! You must have had a lemon. No big deal, they aren't bad movements, I actually miss mine a lot, I like them better than the Rhonda movements lol.

#4 ·
Sorry. Wow, I've never even heard of new quartz watch failing all that much. Which is why they make great tough watches. Get yourself a Citizen Eco-Drive if you want a great quartz watch with a nice look. Anyway, Invicta watches is what you make of them. There are some great Invicta watches, and then there are some really bad quality watches that come out of Invicta. The main problem is, in my opinion, they pump out a lot of watches so watch collectors get them. Stick to the "bread and butter" of Invicta watches. The Invicta Pro Diver watches seem to have better quality control because they are way more popular watches because they are a Rolex Submariner homage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.