WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Given one thousand dollars, what would you buy?

• Invicta Reserve

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Invicta regular but higher end

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Tag

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Oris

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Used Omeeeeeeega

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • High end Accutron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High end Seiko

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Renato with bling

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 17.9%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With all this new fangled software at hand, I thought I would try to put up a poll.

Given a thousand dollars, what brand would you buy?

I would probably go for an Oris but a Reserve Collection, perhaps a COSC or SAIII might also be a viable choice.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
This is a very complex question.
I just spent 1k on my Invicta Reserve Meteorite Pro Diver.
But I've also recently stolen NIB IWCs, Clercs, Bedats and such for very close to the same price point. These were better deals than the Invicta MPD (no bling), but I'm truly loving my new chunk of cheese.
However, I voted other since I think the MPD is over-priced. But I'm still in the middle of my long term test.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Voted Invicta Reserve since they are superb!!:thumbup: I am actually waiting on some new gemstone variations with Meteorite dial. :D

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
If I vote twice, can I get $2000? :D

My $1000 wish list might change in a few months but right now the Invicta Reserve 4372 (or one of the other colors) is at the top of the list.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I voted Oris. I just started looking at them even though they are out of my budget, but I like the clean lines of the models I looked at.

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
Invicta Reserve all the way,I've got the brown ss Pro Diver and the meteor Subaqua Noma and wish for a reserve speedway for Christmas.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As I suspected, there is new interest in the Reserve Collection. . . so far.:w00t:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Seems to me your cheese is beginning to mature very nicely Rusty :biggrin::biggrin:

You can guess how I voted naturally though I could have gone "other" and said that I would tuck the 1K away and put something towards it for the right Oh-May-Guh. :thumbup1:

Ummmmnnn.. when are you sending the check please buddy or I can PM you my bank details... :thumbup:

My Best WIShes to you and everyone in CheeseLand :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Houston,

Zin, I have good news and bad news. First the good news. . . I am sure you are quite familiar with boskoe bucks. Well over here, they are not considered legal tender. On this forum, you get the thousand in Rusty Rolls, rolls of pennies that will arrive at your door soon, shipped on the Andrea Doria, and what with exchange rates, shipping and handling will cost you exactly $1003 American. Since you will lose three dollars on the transfer, perhaps you should cancel.:blink:

BTW, members, I see Oris coming up on the outside as they make the far turn. . . whooda thunkit?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would probably get a Blancier. I think they are beautiful handmade watches and I have been digging leather straps lately.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I you gave me a thousand dollars, I'd buy one of these:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sorry but I got just about enough Invictas for now. I got my eye on a couple of Russians, or maybe that 7750 Hammy.........Fun to think about.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts