WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there... the experience is not done yet.. but here is the first part.

I found 3 very very small pieces of debris resting inside of the Daytona (16523) dial and I also found a small misalignment in the chronometer hand that moves when you push the chrono buttons (the arrow hand instead of stopping at the 12 hour mark when the chrono is stopped, it was stopping at the next tiny mark, the error can only be seen with a magnifying glass) .

Well I called Dallas RSC and they told me to send the watch in (Last Monday March 9, 2009) so they could have a look at it, they said that before doing anything they will tell me what needed to be done and if it I needed to oay anything.

I need to mention that the watch have been just serviced January 13, 2009 in the Canada RSC.

Well yesterday I got a call from RSC to confirm that they have received the watch and that they saw the debris, they thought the misalignment occurred sometimes when the chronometer was stopped to the start position. But the Service Center manager told me she would pass the watch to the technician to have a better look at the watch and give an expert advice.

Ok, today March 18, 2009 I got another call from the RSC saying that the technician stated that the debris was there and they will clean it as better as they could and they confirmed that the misalignment should not be there at all so they will fix it too.

They told me they will be sending a report of what we discussed over the phone by mail, but I did not needed to worry since everything is being covered by the warranty.

ETA for the watch is around 3 weeks and they asked me if I would like to receive a call the same day that they send the watch.

Talk about excellent service...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I will post more info as I get a new call from RSC.

I :001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_wub::001_wub: ROLEX.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
That's pretty good response time too. :thumbup1:

Sounds like the Canadian RSC may have dropped the ball though.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
All my dealing with Rolex have mirrored yours. Some folks here have not had as good results.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'd swear by Rolex service. After my car accident they completely fixed by GMTc to 99% (including new bracelet/clasp) for FREE.

They didn't have to, it wasn't their fault, but they did and that is why I'll always love Rolex.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dallas RSC is simply the best

Having lived in Dallas for two years, it is truly a ROLEX town. The Dallas service center beats NY and London hands down. My local AD informed me that they have a repair system that relies on fewer watchmakers, but has enhanced throughput with higher quality. I wish I could provide the details but I do not know why this is so.

Nonethless, my 1680 sub, datejust from early 60s, airking from the 70s, and Wife's Tudor minisub have all be beautifully restored by the Dallas service center.

Don't waste your time sending it anywhere else.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'd swear by Rolex service. After my car accident they completely fixed by GMTc to 99% (including new bracelet/clasp) for FREE.

They didn't have to, it wasn't their fault, but they did and that is why I'll always love Rolex.

They fixed my Air-King for free when i dropped it on my bathroom floor. All my personal dealings with Rolex RSC have been exemplary, both as a customer, and now as an AD.
:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts