WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Rik! Got a question for you. I have a 1956 "Geneva" automatic (rensie watch co.) with a bidynator (415 I think) and when it's fully wound, and it is sitting still on my dest with the back off, if I give it a little tap, it will spin around and then change it's direction and go back again. It actually turns itself, I have never seen this before! Any idea what causing this? Or is that just what that movement does? I'm not to worried about it because it's winding fine :) thanks in advance

Shane

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ghostly Rotor

Could be a couple of things the ratchet click is skipping and power from the mainspring wants to spin the autorotor backwards tilll it catches on the click then it rebounds once the ratchet is stopped. Other and more common would be the mechanism is dirty and the reversers are stuck and taking any left over energy from the mainspring and channeling it to the rotor. If I saw it I could tell you quite quickly. Rik

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rik! How much do you charge for a look if I sent it in? I'm having problems with winding it too so it might be the click. Sometimes it spins so much that it feels like a washing machine that's off balance on spin cycle on my wrist lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts