WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello watchtalkforum members,

I have the Rotary GB00140/06, I just recieved it yesterday and I'm not sure is the problem with me or with the watch. The manual that came with the watch is for OS20 quartz mechanism. According to it the large second hand shoud be the main chronograph second hand, but that is not the case. The small dail is the chronograph's second hand. The large second hand is like in a normal watch it measures the seconds. Every chronograph watch I look on the internet uses the large second hand for the chronograph function and the small dail second hand for the normal seconds. Is something wrong with the watch? Is there a function that enables the large second hand to be used for the chronograph? Please help me to understand is the watch simply with different mechanism or there is something wrong with it. Is this normal?
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello watchtalkforum members,

I have the Rotary GB00140/06, I just recieved it yesterday and I'm not sure is the problem with me or with the watch. The manual that came with the watch is for OS20 quartz mechanism. According to it the large second hand shoud be the main chronograph second hand, but that is not the case. The small dail is the chronograph's second hand. The large second hand is like in a normal watch it measures the seconds. Every chronograph watch I look on the internet uses the large second hand for the chronograph function and the small dail second hand for the normal seconds. Is something wrong with the watch? Is there a function that enables the large second hand to be used for the chronograph? Please help me to understand is the watch simply with different mechanism or there is something wrong with it. Is this normal?
Thank you in advance!
I know nothing about the Rotary but what you describe is not uncommon. I had a Pulsar and another chrono that both operated that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've sent an email to Rotary, they replied asking for my number which I've sent to them, but I haven't recieve a call from them yet. I have the feeling that the manual that came with the watch is not the correct one. After looking at tons of manuals for Miyota mechanisms I've come to the conclusion that the mechanism is very similar to the SJ25 one, which is a stopwatch, not a chronograph watch. There is a link to the manual:

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/download/pdf/manu_JS05_15_25.pdf

The only differense is that the stopwatch minute hand dial is up to an hour (on mine) instead of 30min.
Do you think that this is the answer or there is something wrong with the watch?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.