WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vendor misidentification in ebay auction 251103018859. I am sure I have pointed this out to him before.

The watch is in fact a Hamilton Trent; one of Hamilton's more common models; catalogued between 1955 and 1969. Same case as the Romanesque S (hence the "confusion") but the Romaneque's dial is yellow gold and has a very fine linen-like finish. It's markers, numerals and hands are black.

The Romanesque S is worth hundreds of dollars; very difficult to find (and hence a grail of mine). The Trent isn't - in yellow gold filled it's a $90-$150 watch at ebay.

Voice of experience here; I fell for this same misidentification a few years ago before I knew what I know now. With a knowledgeable and experienced seller such as this please forgive me for thinking the error may not be accidental.

I've informed the vendor; let's see what he does. Will maybe include my message at the bottom, but bet he doesn't edit the title or pull the auction.

[EDIT - DARN I am good! The auction has been edited at the bottom]

·
Super Moderator
16,892 Posts
Good info on several levels. I've cloned this thread and sent a copy to The Beginner's Forum (besides...I'm falling asleep over there!) :001_unsure:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.