WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This watch was handed down to me from my Grandparents. I have no idea when the watch was purchased. A google search and searching through various watch forums for "Rolma" also comes up with nothing. Is it possible the watch is an "Olma". Any information or leads would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking about having the watch serviced and would like to know its value so I can make a decision on how much I should spend on it, if anything.

The face of the watch says:
Rolma
25 DEWELS
AUTOMATIC
SWISS MADE

The back of the watch says:
STAINLESS STEEL WATERRESISTANT
TESTED AT 20 ATU INCABLOC

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
No it's def a Rolma. Olma has a different logo. I do see a few on ebay for sale, but as you have already found out, information on the net is scarce. A value would be hard to put on it without some. It's a nice looking watch that I suspect was made in the late 60's or early 70's based on the style of it. Welcome to the forums! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GoDuke1,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm assuming that if a Rolma watch was worth something there would be information on them somewhere. Is this a correct assumption? So I should probably base my rejuvenating budget on the the sentimental and aesthetic value of the watch to me, rather than the watch itself having any market value.

·
Super Moderator
15,933 Posts
...I'm assuming that if a Rolma watch was worth something there would be information on them somewhere. Is this a correct assumption?
Actually, that's a dangerous assumption. Benrus and Gruen are two very good examples. Benrus' are gaining in collector value and Gruens are already there. But when the factories shut down their records were never saved. So nowadays there isn't much hard data on these for us to work with. And who knows how many Swiss brands remain unknown for the same reason?\

Just because it's not known doesn't mean it's not worth anything!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts