WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm looking at a possible purchase - I have a handful of sport watches but am looking for a watch for my wedding. After looking at tons of vintage Omegas, IWCs, and others I stumbled upon a Rolex Precision in yellow gold. I've been told it's likely a 1954 and reference 4122. I love the look, it's a 35mm (anything smaller looks pretty tiny on my wrist) and the fact that it's yellow gold is perfect. I know the strap is likely not original.
Any insight, knowledge, or history on these watches would be amazing. I've scoured the net and have only seen one example that looks the same.

��❤

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190914151726654_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190914151737935_COVER.jpg
IMG_20190914_151842.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,638 Posts
Welcome to WTF!
You may have better luck in your searching by using its full name: ROLEX OYSTER PRECISION (there's also an Oysterdate Precision).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to WTF!
You may have better luck in your searching by using its full name: ROLEX OYSTER PRECISION (there's also an Oysterdate Precision).
Good point - I have looked using that too, but I can't find any with lugs like that.

I'm really hoping to just verify it's legit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That little beauty is not an Oyster (screw down caseback and crown). The snap back case is not water proof. It will survive washing your hands. Perhaps the dishes. But definitely not the hot tub, sauna or pool.
They’re inexpensive to service and practical daily watches if treated well.

Very cool and distinctive looking lugs. If the price is right, I’d be all over that one.

The Vintage Rolex Field Guide (www . vrfg . io)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That little beauty is not an Oyster (screw down caseback and crown). The snap back case is not water proof. It will survive washing your hands. Perhaps the dishes. But definitely not the hot tub, sauna or pool.
They’re inexpensive to service and practical daily watches if treated well.

Very cool and distinctive looking lugs. If the price is right, I’d be all over that one.

The Vintage Rolex Field Guide (www . vrfg . io)
Do you think $3k is reasonable? (USD)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts