WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Am a complete novice, anyhow I have got this watch from my father.

Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

What I have found out it is a Rolex Oyster Chronograph antimagnetic ref 6034 in gold, anyone knows more
about this watch?

Have a lovely day!
:001_smile:

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
I don't know anything about the watch, but assuming it's real (and it looks to be) WOW!!!!!!! :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

Congrats on what looks to be a fine watch!!

PS - I'm sure on of the vintage guys will be along to comment soon.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Pre Daytona is what we call the 6034 model..it

came in two models..the Stainless steel and Gold case version made in the 1950's.

Some info and background below.

The Rolex Anti-Magnetic Chronograph had the three register sub dial layout as we see on the Daytona models, as well as being powered by the base 13" Valjoux movement but without the Micro Stella balance as on the 6262-6265 models.

Regarding your watch, from the scans the watch looks ok to me, however the on the side taken pictures does not give me a good vantage point to see the dial head on.

Often then not the original dial print has been redone in the course of these watches timeline. So redone dials are ubiquitous on the 6034 model line.

So from the scans we have so far all looks fine. But a close up picture of the dial and movement would help the members personal evaluation.

Arthur

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.