WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys one of my friend show me GMT 16753 with acrylic crystal but I noticed the seconed time zone hand move with other main hands for the watch ?

the question is How to adjust second time zone in this old model

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Yasser,

On the early GMT-MASTERS the 12 and 24 hr. hands were/are synced together. That is there was no mechanism for de-coupling them as with the MASTER IIs.
In order to read a second timezone the bezel had to be turned and the second zone read off the 24 hr. hand in military (2400 hrs.) time.

The first GMT to allow for de-coupling of the 12 and 24 hr. hands was the reference 16760 which allows for reading local time off the dial.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi guys now this friend offering me this watch gmt two one 16753 in good cond. for sale for 3600 USD should I go for it or not ?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
hi guys now this friend offering me this watch gmt two one 16753 in good cond. for sale for 3600 USD should I go for it or not ?
Yasser, condition is everything on vintage pieces. Can you post a photo of the watch? Is this a brown or black dial and are the markers of the nipple type variety?
I would always factor the price of a service into the overall cost of a watch unless I knew it's history and it had a recent service.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's brown dial nipple type never been polished bracelet has very minor stretch history of service unknown the bezel jam never move I can say 85 to 90 cond.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Yasser,

The brown nipple dial variants have a following in the vintage community. Given the lack of history on servicing and bezel being seized (may just be dirty) that price is about the upper limit for a loose watch IMO.

If you factor a service you'll be at 4K or more. Of course if box & paper are involved then that's a different story.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello Yasser,

Is there a way you can post a photo? I purchased one a while back that was a 6 or 7 for that same price with Box and papers (no name on the owners block).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts