WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Ok, so first of all, for everyone who's not up on every single Rolex model number, 216570 is the Explorer II in 42mm. Here's a pic shamelessly taken from the web:

As to your questions Eddie.

Could you all shed some comments on this new model!
What do you want to know? Anything specific? I think it's a really great looking model. Love the 42mm size, but hate the fact the bracelet still tapers to 16mm. Way too far for a 42mm watch IMO. Other than that, very nice.

Is it a must get item??
This is a complete judgement call based on what YOU like in a watch. If I was buying an Explorer right now, this is definitely the model I'd get. Much more my size than the 40mm version. But the Explorer is my least-favorite of the sport models. That's just my personal opinion based on my preferences - one of which is a movable bezel. Someone who loves a 42mm size and the original Explorer would probably say this is a must get model.

How does it hold up against other sport models??
Probably exactly the same - outstanding. I highly doubt there's any perceivable difference in the durability or ruggedness of this model vs. any other in the sports line.

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Compare what? Looks, reliability, ruggedness??? I'm a HUGE fan of a nice blue dialed watch, so the new blue steel & platinum YM would be a HANDS DOWN choice for me to buy. But it's substantially more expensive too. But the new blue YM is probably my favorite model of the current sports models. If I was in the market for a new current model, it would be the blue YM without question.

As to reliability & ruggedness, as I said all the sport watches have the same high-level of ruggedness & I doubt there's any noticeable difference from one to any other.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love White EX2, as there are too many of black face GMT, SUB, SD, etc. it is refreshing to see the white EX2.
If you are not sure what is best for you, pit it this way, it is not going to be your first or last, so go for it, and like most of us here, you will end up having worn many different models in year to come anyway!

Go with your heart, there are all nice looking watch and holding up well prices over the years.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
The polar 216570 is the only watch in the Rolex lineup that "trips my trigger" and it fits in nicely with my other 42s:

I had the 40(actually 39)mm and it wore too small compared to my other sport watches. IMO, the new EXPII is perfect in every way - a must have.

Fr. John†

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.