WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this in the Vintage Forum as well, but really need to get some help with this.

In June of 1971 I purchased 2 18K Rolex Cellini watches from what at the time was a highly respected retailer called Bucherer in Geneva, Switzerland. One of the watches had an 18K gold band that was built into the watch by Rolex and the other , which has a chocolate brown face, has a Rolex Crocodile band. I bought an extra Rolex Crocodile band to use at some point as a replacement band, but the original is still in great condition so I have the brand new extra band as well.

I am now interested in selling the watch and the extra watch band and in trying to do some research I'm reading things that I don't understand and find somewhat troubling.

First, I've read that Rolex introduced the Cellini 1n 1975. If that's true, how did I buy 2 of them in 1971 ?

Second, The Rolex clasp on both watch bands indicates that the clasps are stainless steel or sterling silver with gold plating. The clasp is stamped PLAQUE G ROLEXSA SWISS . Why would Rolex put a band with a clasp like that on what is/was a quite expensive watch ?

I have lots of pictures of the watch and extra band that I can send to anyone that can offer some help. If I do sell these I want to make sure that I don't misrepresent what is being sold.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Respond to this message

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Sorry, I can't help on the watches. But have you tried contacting Rolex SA directly and asking them? Provide your SN's and model info and I'm sure they can give you good information. I've contacted their offices a few times in the past and found them to be quite helpful and informative. It would be worth a phone call or email IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, before posting on this site I tried to find an email address for Rolex SA but couldn't. If you have one I'd be happy to send an inquiry to them via email.

Thank you for the help.

Sorry, I can't help on the watches. But have you tried contacting Rolex SA directly and asking them? Provide your SN's and model info and I'm sure they can give you good information. I've contacted their offices a few times in the past and found them to be quite helpful and informative. It would be worth a phone call or email IMO.

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
The email I have is for someone who actually isn't in their CS dept., so I'm not sure he'd be the proper resource. But if you call them (they do speak English) they should be able to provide you with the correct current CS email address. Or you could call Rolex USA in NY first and see if they have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.