WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking in to getting an 18ct piece... Anyone care to share their experiences of ownership?
I'm looking at the day date of course but also drawn to a gmt or sub, probably used although not a vintage (nipple dial) model... Let's see you watches...

·
Premium Member
24,984 Posts
I have been looking in to getting an 18ct piece... Anyone care to share their experiences of ownership?
I'm looking at the day date of course but also drawn to a gmt or sub, probably used although not a vintage (nipple dial) model... Let's see you watches...
I flirted with the idea of getting a solid 18k YG model about a year ago when I turned 40, but so far have not graduated beyond my TT models.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Every 18kt Rolex I ever had was a pleasure to own and wear. I don't absolutely baby them, but I don't wear them when I'm changing sparkplugs. :001_smile: Be ready to live with hairline scratches - but they aren't obvious unless you try to see them.
If I could get one these days I would look for a 16718 GMTII with oyster bracelet and rootbeer dial. Enjoy the pursuit.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Every 18kt Rolex I ever had was a pleasure to own and wear. I don't absolutely baby them, but I don't wear them when I'm changing sparkplugs. :001_smile: Be ready to live with hairline scratches - but they aren't obvious unless you try to see them.
If I could get one these days I would look for a 16718 GMTII with oyster bracelet and rootbeer dial. Enjoy the pursuit.

Great collections :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
617 Posts

Very Nice. :cool1::cool1::thumbup1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts