WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all I recently inherited a 18kt gold Rolex model 18048. The watch has a serial number of 6546XXXX. From what I can tell it was made in the 80's. My issue is that it has either a white gold or platinum 42 diamond bezel with a 10 diamond dial with two tapered baguettes at the six and nine positions on the dial. I have been told that the bezel and dial are aftermarket. I have recently seen another Rolex that was exactly the same as the one I now have. If someone has seen this configuration I would appreciate any information on it. The watch was purchased in Detroit MI. from a jeweler which has since closed its doors.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Gold
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Wood Body jewelry Jewellery Circle Metal
Gas Jewellery Font Rectangle Darkness
Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Watch accessory

These are pictures of the Rolex in question. I have been assured that Rolex has only put gold bezels on gold watches. I question this after seeing two watches that were identical on E-Bay. I understand that E-Bay can be questionable but this does peek some interest. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Hello all I recently inherited a 18kt gold Rolex model 18048. The watch has a serial number of 6546XXXX. From what I can tell it was made in the 80's. My issue is that it has either a white gold or platinum 42 diamond bezel with a 10 diamond dial with two tapered baguettes at the six and nine positions on the dial. I have been told that the bezel and dial are aftermarket. I have recently seen another Rolex that was exactly the same as the one I now have. If someone has seen this configuration I would appreciate any information on it. The watch was purchased in Detroit MI. from a jeweler which has since closed its doors.
View attachment 34639 View attachment 34640 View attachment 34641 View attachment 34642 View attachment 34643
These are pictures of the Rolex in question. I have been assured that Rolex has only put gold bezels on gold watches. I question this after seeing two watches that were identical on E-Bay. I understand that E-Bay can be questionable but this does peek some interest. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
From the scans the bezel and dial look aftermarket to me.. but I wish we had a larger picture of the dial..
Arthur

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.