WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out. What amaze me is how fast this watch is running. Not at 36,000 vph but operating at 16Hz. That's 115,200vph. Whow!:eek:hmy:
At that speed, how often do you have to service it? Once a year???
Would be expensive to maintain this watch.
Also, does the tourbillion really work? Or more for show!!!:confused1::confused1:

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
115,200 vph (32 vps) sounds improbably fast. You would have to radically reduce the size of the balance wheel(s), and the ones in that Quatuor don't look tiny.
Are you sure that number doesn't represent all 4 tourbillons, with each beating at 28,800 vph?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
115,200 vph (32 vps) sounds improbably fast. You would have to radically reduce the size of the balance wheel(s), and the ones in that Quatuor don't look tiny.
Are you sure that number doesn't represent all 4 tourbillons, with each beating at 28,800 vph?
Yes*each balance operates independently and not in-sync, the frequency of the watch is 4 x 4Hz, or an incredibly high 16 Hz. *Yes, that is 115,200 bph! *Talk about high beat!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yes*each balance operates independently and not in-sync, the frequency of the watch is 4 x 4Hz, or an incredibly high 16 Hz. *Yes, that is 115,200 bph! *Talk about high beat!
Each balance operates at 4 Hz, I'm not sure how that would equate to 16 Hz unless the pulses are intentionally staggered, and I can't imagine how you would do that.

I also see each balance has its own adjuster - must be a nightmare to time.

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
So just take 4 or 5 mortgages out on the ol' homestead! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
I'm lusting after the A. Lange & Sohne L.E. Grand Complication unveiled at the 2013 S.I.H.H. Exhibition (see the current issue of WatchTime Magazine for the article on this and 4 other "Specially Priced" goodies.

Only 5 will be made and the price is a cool 1.9 million Euro. For the conversion-challenged, that's $2,510.000.00) however, at the time the article was written, a final North American price tag had not yet been decided upon. A moot point...all 5 will probably wind up being purchased by Mid-Eastern oil gazillionaires. :001_tt2:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A team of 50 people work on this watch. It took 5 years. It's a challenge to have 2 tourby working let alone 4. :001_smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.