WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you horologists had experience with Roberto Bianci watches. I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new in the box 1857M for $60.00. The R.B. Website has a list price for this watch of $509.00 and you can purchase the watch on overstock.com for around $125.00. I know nothing about this watch brand. Do they make a decent watch?

Thank you,

SilverSurfeit

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I wish I had a surfeit of silver (or gold preferably :biggrin:)... I haven't seen that brand turn up here with any pics or reviews sorry. There are a few brands that have a very high msrp but offer their watches extremely heavily discounted to make you feel you have scored a bargain. Unfortunately reality is a bit harsher when you go to sell it and find you can't even get close to what you paid yourself...
If you feel that the price is ok for what you're getting, and don't plan on trying to onsell at a profit, it may be a worthwhile addition to your collection.
I'm fairly sure you could pick up a well known (for quality) watch, for around the same price, or you could look at the preowned market for some real bargain s if you're patient and careful.
Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Another disposable fashion quartz. Wear it til it quits or you don't like it anymore and replace it with something else.

I have to say the $125 for ceramic case with sapphire crystal seems like a really good deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.