WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ya'll

I'm new to this so please bear with me. So glad to see that I'm not the only one who loves Watches!!! I'm a full-time college student (returning student @50+) and can't really afford the really expensive ones yet, so I do most of my searching at thrift stores and the like.

Now, to the point. I found a gold-tone watch RIALTO with white face, gold numbers, and a blue, white and gold geometric-type design around the edges of the crystal. I searched for Rialto online and kept coming up with Rialto California Jewelery Shops! Does anyone know anything about this brand of watch? Please don't be a smart_ _ _ and tell me to search online. Been there Done that! Thanks :001_smile:

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
Examples of a private lable watch

The quality of private lable watches varies. It all depends on who orders them (it could be a famous national jewelry store chain or a local charity fund raiser group) and who makes them (a small independent maker of fine watches or a low-wage Asian company knocking out a million cheap watches a month). The example pictured above happens to be made by a small factory in Switzerland that specializes in customized designs, BTW.

In other words, without actually examining the watch you spotted, I'm afraid there's very little we can help you with, unless one of our own members happens to have owned one of Rialto's specimens. The odds are in your favor, however, that it is perfectly serviceable and will be just fine. Watches found in thrift stores are usually brought in by people who want and don't mind paying for decent things. They just don't need it anymore and have moved on to something better.

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
And when you're ready to buy a few more pieces don't forget where that thrift store is, now that you know they accept watches. A few of our members, present and past, have found great vintage pieces there to add to their collections. Like Rick Harrison (of Pawn Stars) says: "You never know what's gonna come through that door"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.