WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I had the pleasure of aquiring my first RGM watch & at Valter's request I thought I'd try my hand at writing my first review. Here goes!:

Let me start by start by saying that I've been an RGM owner for just over a full month, & I am completely impressed by the design, build quality & accuracy of this beautiful time piece. Here are some picures taken today (with my Nikon P100):

The overall measurements are 38.5mm across by about 10mm thick, & the case is made of Titanium (also available in stainless steel). At that classic size, it slides neatly underneath my cuff & is worn very comfortably. Most of the time I have a vintage watch on my wrist & this beauty wears just right by comparison. The dial layout is very crisp, clean & easy to read, but don't mistake it for being plain. Close inspection reveals beautifully clear black numbers across a clean gray background. Lumed triangles mark the 3, 6, 9 & 12 hours, and the center of the dial is slightly recessed. The hands are very elegant & clean, matching the overall style of the watch perfectly. A paragon of understated elegance!

Powered an RGM/ETA 2892, the accuracy has been stunning thus far, gaining a little less than 3 seconds per day! As you can see, the rotor has been beautifully decorated with Cote de Geneve & engraved with the RGM logo. I especially admire the machine turned surfaces over which the rotor passes. The attention to detail is stunning & speaks volumes to the artistry performed at RGM.

The 151P is RGM's entry level watch, but is probably the finest overall timepiece in my collection. This watch has all of the halmarks of a classic: the right size, understated elegance and craftmaship so beautiful I'm considering it an expression of art. It will never go out of style & will be passed down through several generations. What more could I ask of a timepiece!:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
FANTASTIC!!!!

Great Review Astro! I love RGM and look forward to getting my first one
in due time.

Thanks for the wonderful review!:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts