WTF members, thanks for the support!
I will try to answer your questions below:
1) Yes, you can easily turn off the LED displays. Simply reach around back and flip the switch. This turns off the LED displays, but the winder continues to function normally.
2) There is no need to have your computer sitting next to the winder!
The computer is only used to modify the settings of the winder to EXACT mfg's specifications (which is important when winding a watch, as it corresponds to the movement the mfg used inside the watch)
The winder runs its program until you make a change via our software (which takes about 5 seconds to do)
3) There is no need to turn the winder off when installing/removing your watch! Simply wait for the winder to stop spinning, and install or remove your watch! The winder only spins for 10 seconds, and it you are lucky enough to want to install or remove your watch during this exact time, then consider it your lucky day and go and buy a lottery ticket!
The rest period between turns is what is variable, not the time it takes for a full revolution. Or if this bothers you for some reason, simply turn the winder off using the power switch, remove/install your watch, then turn the winder back on using the power switch.
4) when most movement mfgs suggest turns per day, they do so with the assumption that the watch is at least wound enough to function. Then this "TPD" number is the minimum number of turns that would keep the watch wound at the same percentage. So there is no need to worry about starting out with an "un-wound" watch, etc. Wind your watch a few times to get it going, install your watch on the winder, and let the winder do its job. Then when you are ready to wear the watch, it will be wound enough to function, and then be further wound while you are wearing it. Then when you are done wearing it, put it back on the winder and let the winder do its job of keeping it wound. Automatic watches have been designed to not overwind, so there will be no chance of overwinding no matter the level of power reserve left when your watch is installed on the winder. And internal lubricants are kept at their optimal condition when a winder is used. And you don't have to set the date (or worse, a perpetual calendar!) every time you want to wear the watch. Winders are a tool of convenience, as well as a tool to maintain your timepieces.
5) Our drawers are big enought to hold a 50mm watch in each drawer. The quad has three watch drawers (so the winder hold seven watches total, four being wound and three being stored), and a single ring or bracelet drawer.
These drawers are not deep enough to hold pens.
Our dual winder has a singel drawer that holds three extra watches (so the winder will hold five watches total, two being wound and three being stored)
The drawer is big enough to hold pens if you remove the dividers.
Our intent in design was to produce a product that had more features (and more innovative features) than our competition, at prices that were significantly lower than our competition.
We have achieved that. Our winders feature LED displays (one per winder head!) that can be seen day or night and give you real-time winder performance info at a glance.
Our winder is the ONLY software programmable winder in the world. Our technology is patented, and our winder is the most flexible out there (allowing TPD from 15 to 6,000!) Our winder will wind ANY movement, past, present, or future.
Our winder is made from Solid hardwood (Thai Oak) and weighs between 12 and 20 lbs! Our LOCKING glass door a full 1/4" thick, and our lock is a real lock (not some universal luggage lock!)
With our pat. pending technology, our winder can run without AC power, and can run simply by plugging into any available USB port (think travel winder, but without batteries or AC adapters! Travel winders are coming soon!)
Even our current quad and dual winders will run simply on a USB port if needed.
Our winders feature AUTO adjusting pillows, which lock in place. Compare that to a black piece of foam that uses friction fit to keep it in place on winders that are 2x and 3x our price...no comparison.
Add to that the fact that our winders cost 1/2 or 1/3 the price of other "big" name brands. Add that to our un-matched feature set, and we think the choice is pretty clear.
Hope this helps, and thanks again for the interest in our winder products!
You can download our owner's manual in the SUPPORT section of our website if you would like to know more about operation and programming.
You can also read additional reviews of our winders by Jim Skelton, Randy Rush, Michael Davis, etc on our website at www.windmywatch.com
Rotolution...a revolution in time. TM