WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Citizen BM8240-03E

The Citizen Eco Drive family is well known throughout the world both by casual wearers and fine timepiece aficionados alike. It is a tested and true technology that has proven to be reliable and hearty. The fact that it runs on light and does not need a battery makes it attractive to environmentalists for its eco friendly design, and to those who just do not wish to have to be bothered with the replacement of dead batteries.

This particular piece arrived in the standard Citizen presentation with all the common material of the Citizen Eco Drive line. A guide to the functions of the watch and warranty information. Upon opening the box I was immediately drawn to the simplicity of the dial. Considering my love of chronographs I was surprised to like this dial. It is very clean and functional. Two features immediately apparent would be the inclusion of the day in three letter format, (MON, TUE, WED, ect) and numbers at the 12, 4 and 8 positions as opposed to the more common compass position numbers.

I then removed the watch and was surprised at how light it was. I did not measure, but I believe it may be lighter than my spouses Titanium Eco Drive. To me this is not a plus as I prefer a more substantial feeling piece, but I can certainly see it being a positive to those that do not like to “feel” their watch while wearing it. Next I placed it on my wrist to get an idea of its size and how it sits on my wrist.

At 36mm it is quite small. My wrist is not large by nearly any measure. For your reference, my wrist measures 7.25”. My preference is a watch that is in the 40-43mm range. I find that anything larger than 43mm doesn’t look right on my wrist, and anything under 40mm appears too small for my taste.

In conclusion, I find that this is a very reasonably priced piece, but it is too small for my taste. I think it would be a great option for those with smaller wrists, or perhaps just a different opinion of watch sizes. I could also see this as a great starter watch for a younger watch enthusiast. It would not break their bank, yet would still provide a stylish and durable time piece for them to enjoy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought the very similar Citizen Eco-drive BM8242-08E which is pretty much the same only in gold with a brown strap. My wrist is even smaller than yours at only 6.5 inches around so the size is good. I got it for $100.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts