WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found out how much the replacement of the tritium vials service would cost? I know from having tritium sights on guns that after 8 years they are half dim and after 15 years there is not much illumination left. I would anticipate that I would want to keep the watch shiny as I do sights - replacing about every 5-6 years.

Who has the oldest Ball with tritium? How is it holding up and have you wanted to get it replaced?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Has anyone found out how much the replacement of the tritium vials service would cost? I know from having tritium sights on guns that after 8 years they are half dim and after 15 years there is not much illumination left. I would anticipate that I would want to keep the watch shiny as I do sights - replacing about every 5-6 years.

Who has the oldest Ball with tritium? How is it holding up and have you wanted to get it replaced?
Hello MrGenen,

Welcome to our Ball Forum. Your concern have been raised in our archived forum and Ball USA have not confirmed the cost yet. Many of the 3H TTL fitted watches are relatively new in the market. I have personally spoken to Ball's technical support here in Malaysia and was given verbal assurance that it would not be an exorbitant fee to replace the dial and hands. I presume Ball International will look at this cost 7 to 10 years from now when changing the 3H TTL is no longer hypothetical.

The lume is expected to lose it's brightness after 12 years but will continue for as long as 25 years. It has comparatively longer lifespan then luminova or SL in most cases.

In the meantime, enjoy your Ball watch and show us your beauty. :biggrin:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Genen:

To begin with, let me welcome you to WTF!!!! (I noticed you had one post.)

No doubt you will find this board quite interesting, as we have multiple forums, each with its own bunch of characters.

Have you seen our FAQ yet? http://watchtalkforums.info/forums/f...splay.php?f=12

Take about 30 seconds to read, and explains the forum.

If you are intersted in posting pictures, and we love to post here, check out Mr. Houston's Quick and Easy way to post. Guaranteed Success!!

POSTING PICS

Posting pictures is very easy. Here's what you do -

1. Register with a picture host like photobucket.com
This is a free service for up to 1,000 images.

2. Once registered, use the choose or browse function on your photobucket homepage to locate the image you wish to post, from your hard drive

PLEASE REMEMBER to set the maximum size of the image
800 x 600 is best
Anything else would make viewing and accessing the page for users difficult.

3. Click SELECT and then UPLOAD

4. Once uploaded, simply copy the fourth option under each image on your photobucket homepage and paste it into the body of your text here. This fourth link is the Image Tag.

If you have any questions at all, you have a few options too:

Just post a thread and ask! We answer a wide range here and everyone is willing to help anyone out. For stuff not covered by watches, you can post in the Community Forum.

You can also send an Administrator/Moderator a PM (Private Message) to do that, just click on the person's name, and then select private message.

So, put your seat back in an upright position, tray back in place, and strap yourself in and enjoy WTF!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Luminox uses the exact same technology and they have been on the market for over 15 years so owners of older Luminox watches may have had some experience in getting their tubes replaced. The tubes themselves should not be very expensive but finding a source for them, if Ball does not have replacements, might be next to impossible. I currently no of no source for replacement tritium gas tubes not because they are so new but because they are so exclusive. Wish I did because I have multiple Luminox's whose tubes could stand replacement. Maybe someone on one of the forums knows a source for replacement tubes--if so any watchmaker should be able to install.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Ltgary;

I am inclined to belief that Luminox, KHS, SMW, Traser, TSAR and Ball watches get the TTL from the industry's best - MBMicrotec (http://www.mbmicrotec.com). Importing these tubes may be a hassle due to legal requirements on radioactive products. Best source is still the watch manufacturer imho. All the best.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Bullosa has a valid point. When dealing with the tubes, it is best to send the watch back to the manufacturer. Whereas the tubes have radioactive material in them, albeit very weak, the NRC still has regulations dealing with them. For that, legal, safety, and wrath of Uncle Sam, best bet is to call the watch maker and get instructions on how to ship it back etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts