WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am looking for a replacement strap for my Seiko SKX175. I broke my wrist a few years ago, and the surgical scars make my current bracelet is too uncomfortable. I would prefer a fabric style strap with a clasp rather than a buckle, or something similar to Fast-wrap straps Timex does for their Expedition watches. Looking online, I have found replacement straps that are all either the bracelet type, or rubber/silicone. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Many thanks,
Nic

· Super Moderator
17,347 Posts
Not much...it would have helped if you had enclosed a link to this Timex Expedition watch so that I knew what the band actually looked like.
When you say a "fabric style strap". May I assuming you mean canvas or nylon mesh, rather than sailcloth (which is leather-backed)?
And are you asking about possibly a fold-over clasp or a deployant clasp rather than a tang buckle?
While I cannot find canvas straps with clasps, I don't see why an aftermarket deployant clasp wouldn't work on a nylon mesh strap- especially if you're concerned about comfort over aesthetics.

Have you looked at aftermarket strap sites like strapsco.com or watch-band-center.com?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.