WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hamilton pocket watch that was given me by my grandfather many years ago. The serial number of the movement (382582) I think indicates it was manufactured in 1904 or 1905.

I accidentally broke off the filigree on the back of the minute hand (I had forgotten how to adjust the time and tried to do it by moving the hand manually - very bad idea!). I took it to a jeweler to have the hand replaced and because he could not duplicate the fancy filigree of the originals, he put "plain-Jane" hands in place of them. Another bad idea. I should have at least made him put the original hands back.

Anyway, I have not been able to find anyone that has these hands, and several jewelers I have taken the watch to for rel=placement hands have not been helpful. These were black hands and very beautiful and I would like to get replacements, if at all possible. I haven't even been able to find a Hamilton watch that had these kind of hands to show what thery looked like.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I 'v looked at so many dial faces I can't see straight anymore. I really haven't seen anthing that loks like what I remember. It's been 20+ years since I did this, so my memory may be failing. I think it is a 974, and I have looked at some 974's, but they didn't jog my memory.

Jay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.