WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my Breitling Super Avenger and I see that there is a screw on one side and just a round stud on the other. I took the screw out but the pin did not come out. Does anyone know how to remove links on the Breitling Professional Bracelets?
Thanks

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
I just got my Breitling Super Avenger and I see that there is a screw on one side and just a round stud on the other. I took the screw out but the pin did not come out. Does anyone know how to remove links on the Breitling Professional Bracelets?
Thanks

Hey Exinvicta4ever.

Yes, you actually have to remove both the screws from the link. The outside link (without the screws) actually has a pin attached to it on both sides (so it makes a "U"), goes thru the center link and those 2 small screws hold it on. So if you take off both the screws, take off the outside link, the other outside link will slide out the center. It sounds confusing, but it's pretty easy (just don't lose the screws! :scared: ). If you need it, I've got a few pictures tht'll make it clearer. Give me until later today, maybe tomorrow evening & I'll post them...

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Sounds very confusing:confused1:I hope the pictures shed some light on it.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I figured it out. It is almost like a chain link, being the best way to describe it. I was able to size it no problem. I ended up removing one link and moving the pin to the the third position on the divers clasp. This works out good. I have room for in the summer when my wrist expands and I have one more adjustment if my wrist were to shrink. The blue face Super Avenger is quite impressive, This is my first Breitling and I have been saving for quite some time for this watch. It was a waiting game for it to come in in the right color. I live in New York and purchased from Feldmar Watches in L.A. I got a great deal and was able to get it shipped over night. I got the phone call on Friday and I received it today. The Fit and finish are fantastic, the dial color really pops. I am glad I chose the blue and stuck to my guns on it. I had calls from them earlier on a white face and a black faced one but I held out for the blue with no regrets.
here is a quick photo of a wrist shot I took earlier.

and one in the box.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Excellent.... welcome to the blue face Breitling sub-forum - members Scott, me, & you. (Any other Blue Breitling lurkers out there? Prove it - post pics :001_smile:)
Congrats on the great watch, and for holding out for the best one!!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
It sounded confusing although when mentioned it was similar to a bicycle chain it made sense.Johns picture clarifies it.:thumbup1:

Is there a special screwdriver used or any small jewellers screwdriver do?

and

Is there are need for "Loctite" on the screw threads or like Rolex the screws are inserted clean?:confused1:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think there is at least a little bit of loctite type stuff, but nothing that makes the screws difficult to get out or anything. I think that's what the green stuff in the pictures may be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts