WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello WTF!

I recently purchased an Invicta Russian Diver model 1923, which has a white ceramic band. I am trying to remove a link or two so it better fits my wrist, however on back side of the band, I do not see any arrows as to which direction to take take out the pins. So I am here for your help since I am not adverse in this area.

Thanks for your time,
-Geoff

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Your watch uses a pin and collar system. Its a real pain in the neck but necessary when using ceramic. Basically the pin is held in place by a metal collar within the center link. You can punch it out in either direction, but you need to use a punch that is the same size or thinner so it can pass through the collar. Hammering the punch when its against the collar could crack the ceramic, so be careful. The collar is also easy to lose when the bracelet is opened. Its in the center link and will slip out. So just slide it out yourself and put it in a safe place. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! On one side of the watch I see what looks like the collar. It looks like the pin is in a sleeve kind of thing. But the other side just looks like a pin. So which side do you suggest I punch it out with? I just purchased a watch repair kit so I'm assuming it will have the tools I will need. Thanks for your time.

-Geoff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the double post. Here's a photo of what I'm talking about. One is kind of in a sleeve, and the other just looks like a pin head. I'm just curious which would be safer because I'm worried about it breaking now haha. Thanks for your time.

-Geoff

Product Black Sleeve Headgear Collar
Sleeve Bag Auto part Beige Electric blue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.