WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today marks the 70th year anniversary of a "date which will live in infamy", the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor which of course drew the US fully into World War II. Probably the largest history changing event for the US, at least of the 20th century. As large as the monetary amount of the loss of this day was, the human loss was even more - 2,390 killed and 1,178 wounded.

A picture of Pearl Harbor (Battleship Row) taken Dec. 10th, 1941 shows the damaged and dead ships with oil streaming from the wreckage.

Thanks to all veterans, but especially our WW-II vets. You are in our thought as we look back and remember Pearl Harbor & those that lost their lives on this day.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... :thumbup1:

My father was in WWII and so I remember him fondly on this day.
I know what you mean. My grandfather was in in the Navy in WWII and was in Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7th & lived thru the attacks. Though he rarely talked about any aspect of the war, he never mentioned anything (that I ever heard) about the attacks on that day...

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
:thumbup1: Our family made a point to visit Pearl Harbor when we visited the island of Oahu:

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
First thing I did when I got to work that morning was lower the flag to half-staff, before I even stood for roll call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts