WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Eco-Drive AT Watch for myself but considering that I live in the GMT +2 time zone I think the radio signal doesn't exist in my country. Setting the time manually is accurate, but not enough. So my question is how can I find out if my country is covered by the NSIT radio signal?

Thank you for reading and have a good day.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I think there is a map on the Casio website, but unless you're in mainland US, Western Europe, Japan or eastern China I think you are out of luck.

You should research the accuracy of the watch when not synch'd - I have read several claims that they are using the radio signal as a crutch to make up for inherently inaccurate movements

·
Super Moderator
16,903 Posts
1) Research different brands. I don't know about Citizen per se, but there ARE some watches on the market that accept other signals as well as those from Colorado in the U.S.A. Japan, for instance has signals broadcasting at 40kHz and 60kHz. Start with the line of Brightz watches from Seiko.

2) If a radio-controlled watch cannot receive a signal, it has the same accuracy as the billions of regular quartz watches on the market. And anyone experienced with quartz watches knows that "normal quartz accuracy" is just like throwing dice. I have a very nice Swiss boutique-brand brand watch that keeps "adequate" accuracy and a dirt-cheap Japanese Swanson with amazing accuracy.
Some will be accurate to less than +/- 1 second a month while some are +/-2 seconds per day. It all depends upon the particular brand you're talking about.

My "radios".
A metal G Shock WaveCeptor

Plastic WaveCeptor

Citizen Skyhawk A-T

AtomicTime by Xacta

·
Registered
706 Posts
I can't speak about the accuracy of atomic watches when no signal is available but I have two, a Casio Waveceptor and a Citizen AT Perpetual World Time. Both are dead on with the atomic clock since I have owned them. My favorite of the two is the Citizen AT which is somewhat dressy to wear formal or casual professional.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.