WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am new member and would like to pick your brains already.

I have a red submariner case back iii/69, bracelet 2/70, and purchased 3/71 with papers and inner box.
I am trying to find an outer box to compete my set. There appear to be two opinions, green stripe box and seahorse box.

Just to confuse me more there are two green stripe boxes, one with gold decoration each side of stripe and plain green box. They all appear to be around the same era.
Appreciate any definite info you might have.
I enjoy your forums.

Bluey

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am new member and would like to pick your brains already.

I have a red submariner case back iii/69, bracelet 2/70, and purchased 3/71 with papers and inner box.
I am trying to find an outer box to compete my set. There appear to be two opinions, green stripe box and seahorse box.

Just to confuse me more there are two green stripe boxes, one with gold decoration each side of stripe and plain green box. They all appear to be around the same era.
Appreciate any definite info you might have.
I enjoy your forums.

Bluey
Good question about the Sub 1680..I see more seahorse box with the 1680, 5513,12 and 1665. The stripe boxes are less commonly found with the Sub lines, but they do turn up as a pairing. The green and gold box is the least commonly found with the Rolex aquatic line of watches.

The truth to be told is that Rolex did mix and match boxes to models when box stocks were not available.
So in my opinion who is to say the green and gold box is less correct then the seahorse box for a Sub. I have also seen the seahorse box compliment the Milgauss, Explorer 1 and 2 and even the Datejust.

Arthur

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
red ubmsriner 1680 boxes

Thanks Arthur,

Sounds like the safest bet would be the seahorse box and it is also most attractive box.
Thanks for the info.

Bluey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.