WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new daily/nice watch, and I really like the history of the Ball Watch Company and the tritium lume. I travel quite a bit internationally, and GMT or dual time would be very handy, especially if it shows in 24 hr time.

Leather straps and me don't get along so well, so looking for something with a rubber strap or bracelet. I have relatively small wrists - 7" around.

I'm not exactly easy on my watches! So the durability of the DLC finish is attractive to me (plus I like the look). For budget, I can do $2k, but probably not $4k.

I tried on the Engineer Master II DLC and liked it ALOT, but no GMT. I haven't been able to find an EMII Diver GMT to try on, the pictures make it look a little busy.

Can the UTC on the Fireman Night Train be set to a different time zone?

Other recommendations? How does the Aviator GMT look with something other than a leather strap?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm looking for a new daily/nice watch, and I really like the history of the Ball Watch Company and the tritium lume. I travel quite a bit internationally, and GMT or dual time would be very handy, especially if it shows in 24 hr time.

Leather straps and me don't get along so well, so looking for something with a rubber strap or bracelet. I have relatively small wrists - 7" around.

I'm not exactly easy on my watches! So the durability of the DLC finish is attractive to me (plus I like the look). For budget, I can do $2k, but probably not $4k.

I tried on the Engineer Master II DLC and liked it ALOT, but no GMT. I haven't been able to find an EMII Diver GMT to try on, the pictures make it look a little busy.

Can the UTC on the Fireman Night Train be set to a different time zone?

Other recommendations? How does the Aviator GMT look with something other than a leather strap?

My vote is definitely the aviator dual time... I like the gmt also but the dual time multi color tubes just did for me. I wear this Daily with metal band and it is very comfortable! Happy hunting
Mike

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I'll "ditto" what Mike said.

You'll also have to decide what you like better: DLC or a bracelet. Ball does not offer a bracelet for any of its DLC models. Personally, bracelets are of higher importance, so I'm partial to the Aviator GMT and Dual Time.

If you like a white dial, the Trainmaster Dual Time (there still are some out there) looks great (see pic below). At 41mm, it might work better than the 44mm Aviators on your wrist, especially if you don't favor larger watches.

To answer your question about the Night Train: Sadly no, the window on the Night Train cannot be independently set to a different time zone. In fact, it's not a UTC at all. The first generation Night Train came with an error dial that had "Universal Time Coordinated" on it. Ball later changed it to indicated that it was Military Time Coordinated. Basically, it just shows you military time.

Ball Trainmaster Dual Time:

Rob

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried one on today ... Wife fell in love with it!

AD swapped on the rubber strap from a night train, looks really good. Are the prices in the thread above still the official prices, or was there an increase in the 2nd half of the year? (he said there will be another increase in January)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tried one on today ... Wife fell in love with it!

AD swapped on the rubber strap from a night train, looks really good. Are the prices in the thread above still the official prices, or was there an increase in the 2nd half of the year? (he said there will be another increase in January)
I updated the price list at top of thread....there was an increase on 7/1/11 --- here is the link... Jan 2012 increase not official yet, but would not surprise me.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6x08WRixA0YY2E1NjViODEtZjI3Ni00NjVkLTk0MzItYzQ1YzdlMzA1YWZl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts