WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Recommend me a new strap for the M57

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  SillentWolf 
#1 ·
First lets start off with some amateur photos...

I must say I really am digging my new M57. I really like the look of the rubber strap on the M57 but enjoy the comfort of the leather. I would like to get best of both worlds with a black or dark leather strap. I would like a strap with decent water resistance as I do tend to wash my hands often at work (I work at a hospital in IT support). Looking for something simple but nice, nothing too fancy or flashy. I debated a black leather with orange stitch but not sure how I feel about orange stitch... What do you all recommend I know there is something awesome I am missing, price not too much of a worry but dont want to go totally overboard...

24mm Black/Orange Stitch 190 Soft Calf 5mm Thick 125/75 24/24

I also really thought this looked nice, especially for the price.

Benton - 24mm Black Buffalo - 24mm Straps - Width - Crown and Buckle

Of course there is this straight from Lum-Tec... not sure it would quite "fit"

Any recommendations of other straps? Thoughts or experiences with the straps above? All input is welcome!

-

See less See more
#2 ·

This is one of the strap I've got for mine when it comes, so can't post pictures of both together. The strap is slightly more yellow/orange in colour than this photo so I reckon it should compliment it really well. Other than that I have these straps too.

Of course all are swapped over to black buckles.

#5 · (Edited)
The yellow one is Ostrich from Strapcode, the Snake skin strap is from Panatime.

P.S.
What about a nice Nubuck Black Shark skin strap like this

as you see it does compliment the black watch case rather well, maybe even better if the stitching was also black.

#17 ·
I'm with Bill re: hornback. I bought two from Panatime when they had that sale recently - a blue and a black. I just got them today and couldn't decide if the blue one should go on my M23 or my M61. After some serious deliberation, I put it on the M23. The black one is for my Tourneau TNY chronograph.

I also got one of those rock python ones put it on my M8. It looks really nice!

It's funny. This is the first time I've tried putting a strap on a watch in almost two years. And I swapped out five of them! Couldn't quite get the buckles to work, though, so I think I'll head to the local watch shop and have them put the LT-branded buckles on for me.

One question for those that have done this before...the "leather" LT buckle has a narrower tang than the rubber strap's buckle. The "rubber" tang seems to be the same width as the ones in these aftermarket straps. Can I assume that the "leather" tangs will wiggle back and forth too much, and I should use the "rubber" buckles on these straps?

#18 · (Edited)
@ bunchocrunch

I have in my Watch Topic, on the Dutch HT Forum (only accessible for Dutch) a huge list with strap makers.
A recommended strap-maker is: Bakeka. This guy has some amazing straps (Vintage Style), that will fits nicely with some Lum-Tec's.
It's just an idea. You can find his site through Google.

ps.

I just put a huge list of strapmakers on my Facebook page. I made it accessible for all people.
Normally its only for our Dutch HT Forum ... so have fun with it. :wink:

#21 ·
No problem. Glad I could help out :wink:

Bakeka has indeed got some really nice traps.

I talked to the owner this week (Alfio), and you can also change the sizes, stitchings etc.

One of the straps that would really look nice with the M52, is nr 2 ( #58-OLD CUOIO).
I recommended another Dutch Forum member Bakeke, and he ordered that strap for his Hamilton. Awesome strap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.