WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First lets start off with some amateur photos...

I must say I really am digging my new M57. I really like the look of the rubber strap on the M57 but enjoy the comfort of the leather. I would like to get best of both worlds with a black or dark leather strap. I would like a strap with decent water resistance as I do tend to wash my hands often at work (I work at a hospital in IT support). Looking for something simple but nice, nothing too fancy or flashy. I debated a black leather with orange stitch but not sure how I feel about orange stitch... What do you all recommend I know there is something awesome I am missing, price not too much of a worry but dont want to go totally overboard...

24mm Black/Orange Stitch 190 Soft Calf 5mm Thick 125/75 24/24

I also really thought this looked nice, especially for the price.

Benton - 24mm Black Buffalo - 24mm Straps - Width - Crown and Buckle

Of course there is this straight from Lum-Tec... not sure it would quite "fit"

Any recommendations of other straps? Thoughts or experiences with the straps above? All input is welcome!

-

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

This is one of the strap I've got for mine when it comes, so can't post pictures of both together. The strap is slightly more yellow/orange in colour than this photo so I reckon it should compliment it really well. Other than that I have these straps too.

Of course all are swapped over to black buckles.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Panatime has 35% off till MON.
I'm sure you will find something nice there.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You will definitely have to post up some pictures once you get yours!! What sorta strap is that yellow one??
The yellow one is Ostrich from Strapcode, the Snake skin strap is from Panatime.

P.S.
What about a nice Nubuck Black Shark skin strap like this

as you see it does compliment the black watch case rather well, maybe even better if the stitching was also black.

·
Registered
623 Posts
See if you can get any of the old M9 straps, maybe they have one or two laying around. The are 24mm thick black leather with orange stitching and are made to look great on a Lumtec. Plus they have one in rubber too, with the orange stitching.

·
Registered
427 Posts
OMG. this looks awesome. is this a crocodile strap? how much is it?
Bought a pre sale deal from Big Chief, popular on another forum
bought two pre sale for $200
hornback gator
(BC was a bit spotty on communication, LONG wait, but great quality)

I hava another from Ted Su and just ordered one from him
22mm for my inbound 6309 Seiko customs :)
killer quality, great communication, rapid delivery...for Asia :)
my current Ted Su 24mm is my ATF strap
ps- Su makes all kinds of straps

FYI
i have spend ALOT of time searching for Hornback straps
i have several others that i purchased, not what was described :(

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm with Bill re: hornback. I bought two from Panatime when they had that sale recently - a blue and a black. I just got them today and couldn't decide if the blue one should go on my M23 or my M61. After some serious deliberation, I put it on the M23. The black one is for my Tourneau TNY chronograph.

I also got one of those rock python ones put it on my M8. It looks really nice!

It's funny. This is the first time I've tried putting a strap on a watch in almost two years. And I swapped out five of them! Couldn't quite get the buckles to work, though, so I think I'll head to the local watch shop and have them put the LT-branded buckles on for me.

One question for those that have done this before...the "leather" LT buckle has a narrower tang than the rubber strap's buckle. The "rubber" tang seems to be the same width as the ones in these aftermarket straps. Can I assume that the "leather" tangs will wiggle back and forth too much, and I should use the "rubber" buckles on these straps?

·
Registered
336 Posts
@ bunchocrunch

I have in my Watch Topic, on the Dutch HT Forum (only accessible for Dutch) a huge list with strap makers.
A recommended strap-maker is: Bakeka. This guy has some amazing straps (Vintage Style), that will fits nicely with some Lum-Tec's.
It's just an idea. You can find his site through Google.

ps.

I just put a huge list of strapmakers on my Facebook page. I made it accessible for all people.
Normally its only for our Dutch HT Forum ... so have fun with it. :wink:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Silentwolf, thank you very much I really like some of the vintage straps Bakeka has. I will likely pick one up they all just look so good! Should go very well with the M57.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.