WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Reasonable Trade?

752 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  nickdolin 
#1 ·
I have a friend with a Tungsten Tide who wasn't ever able to find a 3824 or 3825 LE. I am willing to trade him for one of mine (I own both). Here's the question I pose to the forum, he insists his Tungsten Tide is worth more than my 3824. What do you guys think, straight trade????

#2 ·
Well it's a tough question. The real question is how much are your watches worth to you? There has always been speculation about LE's can they hold value , will they gain value ?, is it worth holding onto to find out? If you want the Tungsten Tide I say go for it.JMHO

#3 ·
I checked around a bit and the Tungsten Tide can be had for $420.00 to $480.00. I picked up my 3824 for $420.00 shipped. I paid a little too much for it, you can find them for around $370.00 Shipped. So if you are comparing prices that is what I found, I hope this helps.
Don

#4 · (Edited)
First Konadownhill,welcome to the original Invicta forum,great folk here.
The Tungsten Tide and the 3824 and 3825 LE, are in fact equal in retail price,but the value is what they are worth to you, as Mr. Williams stated.I own the 3825 and would'nt sell it cause it's one of my favorites.The size,fit and style are perfect for me.
However,I had a Tungsten Tide and sold it 2 weeks later,I didn't like the fit on my 7.5" wrist,because the case doesn't curve much, it sat flat and was uncomfortable,also the bezel was very loose and seemed like I could break it easily because of the ceramic that is very brittle, and finally the style didn't thrill me.We all have are own tastes.:biggrin:

#5 ·
Triton, if you are right about the way the watch feels on the wrist then I would have to agree and don't do the trade. The 3824 fits great on my 7.5 inch wrist, I used to have another brand of watch ( Jacques Cantani) that had that same flat feel that Triton described. It was flat on the wrist and was very uncomfortable especially on that wrist bone that sticks out. Keep your 3824!!

#6 ·
I'll preface my answer with a comment. If you are concerned with the future resale value you're in the wrong hobby, or at least the wrong brand IMO. In general, watches are terrible investments. At the same time, I wouldn't trade a $200 watch for a $50 either. For me I'd stay with the 3824, it is an LE and I've never been a fan of the Ceramic Divers design. If you want the Ceramic, best advice would be to save, or go for the Value Pay plan. In the end, which do you imagine yourself wearing more often?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.