WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watch came from an estate sale. Many of the parts are marked with PP. I was hoping to get some information if possible. I suspect the crown, crystal, and back window have been replaced. Is this watch real or fake? What makes you think so?
Wood Font Fashion accessory Artifact Metal
Watch Automotive lighting Watch accessory Gas Auto part

Attachments

· Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
I would have to go with poor imitation. Is the finish actually bubbling and peeling from the back of the watch case? Never, ever happen with a real specimen. I hate to say it but the watch movement looks like a poorly made imitation of a Miyota 8215 movement. Probably a Chinese clone of some type.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to go with poor imitation. Is the finish actually bubbling and peeling from the back of the watch case? Never, ever happen with a real specimen. I hate to say it but the watch movement looks like a poorly made imitation of a Miyota 8215 movement. Probably a Chinese clone of some type.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I don’t belive the back is peeling. It may have a slight patina. I was thinking the back design is textured, but I am not positive. The back case, band, buckle, and other various parts are labeled with Patek Philippe which I thought may be promising but I was unsure. I did think the movement might look a little cheaply made, but I didn’t know if it was the picture quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.