WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone :) I'm Pepé

After a couple of decades of not owning a watch, I've just received my first Invicta today (with 2 more on the way thanks to ShopNBC...lol). But I clearly have the wrist size of a 10 year old girl, so I need advice on re-sizing my watch band. I know nothing about this, so should I take it to a jeweler or is it simple enough to do on my own? If I am to do it, are there any instructiona/videos online?

Thanks for any advice. I'm excited to start wearing watches again!!!
My first watch is a Python Sport Quartz Chronograph

Watch Hand Analog watch Finger Watch accessory

·
Registered
706 Posts
You can take it to a jeweler but I would learn to do it on my own. I learned to do my own. There a numerous places to find help here in the forum and by surfing the web. First you need to get some watch tools ( they're not too expensive ), then look around here, ask for advice from the rest of us. Also not all watch band links are connected the same way. Some use friction ( push ) pins, some use pins with collars, some with screws, and probably more ways that I have neglected to mention.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Definitely worth five bucks for me to avoid damaging a nice bracelet. Also, descriptions of tons of tiny washers scared me enough to keep me from trying to size bracelets on my own. I suppose the complexity depends on the make and model. Not crawling around looking for incredibly small pieces: priceless:)
Cheers,
Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.