WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Set time Hamilton 705 quartz

Just rec'd this watch, and seems to run ok, but can't set the time. Typical pull stem and turn will move the hour hand only. I set the min hand by hand and seems to be ok and keep time, but I thot I'd put it to the group,maybe someone has had experience with this movement.

Any help appreciated Jack

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,693 Posts
I guess that the first thing i would check is that the minute hand is firmly set on the centre wheel pinion and then that the gear on the centre wheel pinion under the dial hasn't slipped out of place

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mikey, Thanks for the response. By your response I'm thinking there is a wheel missing. Ill remove dial and hour wheel and send some fotos. It may be a couple of days, I seemed to have talked myself into work ugh!!. I can't seem to find any info on this movement.

Regards Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,693 Posts
Did you buy that one on eBay from the vendor in New Mexico for $25 ? I see the vendor indicated he couldn't figure out how to set the time either. The eBay listing has a good clear photo of the movement and it does say "705" but I cant find out much on it either.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update. Think I figured it out. To set time pull stem to set the hour hand to the hour . When you push the crown back in the hour hand adjusts to a proper position re: the minute hand. Now you push the crown in and the minute hand progresses to the time you want. It was a bit of a mystery for a while, because the crown was not good. There ya go.

Regards Jack

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No bought from workhomelib - 15.50. Seems to work fine now,just have to find a crown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts