WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been admiring this watch for quite some time. I like the Raymond Weil brand because of their designs and craftmanship and the Parsifal will fit into my collection right next to the Freelancer.

I may have been drawn to the brown dial and the Roman numeral markers that are not just standard X's ans I's.

Or it could be the 57-jewel Caliber RW 7310 movement. I can't say for sure, but it appears to be a base ETA 2892-A2 movement with a Dubois Depraz 2021 Tri Compax Chronograph Module with the date between 4 and 5.

I also like the polished stainless steel case with finely brushed accents and the custom fit dark brown alligator leather strap.

And at 41mm wide and 12mm thick it is a very nice fit.

I also like the various shades of brown available under different lighting conditions.

I'll be wearing this most of the weekend.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
57 jewels? Outrageous! I like that the rotor and movement is decorated as well.

Also, I agree the brown dial is easy on the eyes. A different color, yet very tasteful.

Seeing that, I'd have to consider getting a brown dial at some point.

·
Super Moderator
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:thumbup1: But they'll still those around here that will whine, "It's a fashion watch".
That's OK. Raymond Weil seems to make very dependable, well designed "fashionable" watches, using some of the best materials and movements available to the Swiss watch industry. And they happen to be available at reasonable prices. I've had my Freelancer for 4 years and it is still keeping accurate time within COSC specifications.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
:thumbup1: Your preaching to the choir, I used to sell them.
That's OK. Raymond Weil seems to make very dependable, well designed "fashionable" watches, using some of the best materials and movements available to the Swiss watch industry. And they happen to be available at reasonable prices. I've had my Freelancer for 4 years and it is still keeping accurate time within COSC specifications.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
RW had a complete calendar watch a few years back I wish I had bought and not listened to some of the opinions here.

If I remember correctly, the months were around the bezel and hand ticked off the months by the week, which I thought was very cool.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hello. Newby here. I just bought the model of watch in question here and I'm thinking about getting a winder to put it in. This is the first automatic watch I've ever owned. Does anyone have any idea what the TPD is for this movement? It's not mentioned at all in the tiny owners manual that came with it. I can't seem to find anything on the net about it either. Any help would be appreciated. And I guess while we're at it, any recommendations on a good auto-winder to buy? This may not be my last automatic so I'd like a winder that would take care of at least two watches. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can't go wrong with a Wolf winder. I've had two for several years. No problems and extremely quiet.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks for the winder recommendation. How can I find out what the correct TPD for this watch is? Or do I not really need to worry about that? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one of these also with the leather strap but I would really love the Stainless Bracelet, any idea where I might find the Raymond Weil bracelet?

·
Super Moderator
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have one of these also with the leather strap but I would really love the Stainless Bracelet, any idea where I might find the Raymond Weil bracelet?
Since the Parsifal line has been discontinued I would suggest you look on Ebay or the gray market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since the Parsifal line has been discontinued I would suggest you look on Ebay or the gray market.
The Parsifal range now from the Raymond Weil website seems to consist only of Quartz which is a bit of a shame though you can still pick up new auto chronographs the same as mine as some retailers still have them on the shelves.

Bit of a shame really when Raymond Weil once stated that their production would always consist mostly of high end mechanical and to loose a prestigious watch series to quartz could be an admission of starting to cater to the lower end of the market which in todays watch economics makes little sense especially when you are seeing a huge resurgence in vintage watch prices and appreciation globally.

·
Super Moderator
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK...not discontinued but it can be said they just don't makem' like that anymore. The case and lug design is unique on this model from the Parsifal line. While leather seems to have been the preferred watch band for this style, I have seen a few on stainless steel. I stand by my Ebay recommendation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I looked at eBay, ouch, not priced where I would like but I guess every thing is on the up price wise when it comes to luxury brands in watches.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts