WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if LT was planning on making any new Combat models for 2013? I'm itching for a SS Combat with an auto movement! :001_smile: I have my eye on the B12 but I'm not sold on it yet.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It is my hope that the new Combat models will be in the 42-44 mm case size range. Over 44 is too big for my 7 1/2" wrist. Cheers, Bill P.
My wrist is 7 1/4", so I'm with you there, Bill!

Believe it or not, I have in my collection of odds & ends a watch that is 48mm wide x 65 freakin mm long. It looked so small in the picture when I ordered it, but when it arrived I was SHOCKED! Dude, it is a genuine "Clown Watch" if ever there was one. Absolutely laughable!

I only wore it twice, but when I did wear it, it reminded me of the old Beverly Hillbillies episode, during Jethro's double-ought-seven spy days, when he rigged up his own spy watch by strapping Granny's giant alarm clock (the kind with big bells on top) to his wrist with some rope. He wore this "spy watch" quite proudly during several episodes as part of his double-ought-seven attire. Great comedy! .... but that's the way I feel when I wear that huge-arse watch.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
845 Posts
It is my hope that the new Combat models will be in the 42-44 mm case size range. Over 44 is too big for my 7 1/2" wrist. Cheers, Bill P.
I have a Marathon GSAR (JSAR) which is 46 mm and it fits my 7 1/4" wrist very well.

The key to a plus 44mm watch is the length of lug to lug. A plus 44mm with a 50 mm length fits well on small to medium wrists.:thumbup1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.