WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful Tudor 7809 that was just serviced. As part of the cleaning the tech asked me if I wanted the dial refinished and I told him it didn't need it. He agreed it was nice but lacking the "Swiss Made" or "Swiss" on the dial. He wanted to add that and I said no since I didn't want to change it from stock. I talked to the original owner's nephew (the original owner who had it since new in 1953) and I was told there was only one servicing in the late 60's and his uncle was emphatic no changes were made. I am wondering if they put a service dial on then as part of the overhaul. I am in a quandry because I have seen a few watches with Swiss made missing but it seems rare or a repaint. Since the markers on this are raised and even the tiny second hash marks are crisp and perfect. There is also no writing style on the face. it looks like it was done by the factory. Anyway I would like your thoughts.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a beautiful Tudor 7809 that was just serviced. As part of the cleaning the tech asked me if I wanted the dial refinished and I told him it didn't need it. He agreed it was nice but lacking the "Swiss Made" or "Swiss" on the dial. He wanted to add that and I said no since I didn't want to change it from stock. I talked to the original owner's nephew (the original owner who had it since new in 1953) and I was told there was only one servicing in the late 60's and his uncle was emphatic no changes were made. I am wondering if they put a service dial on then as part of the overhaul. I am in a quandry because I have seen a few watches with Swiss made missing but it seems rare or a repaint. Since the markers on this are raised and even the tiny second hash marks are crisp and perfect. There is also no writing style on the face. it looks like it was done by the factory. Anyway I would like your thoughts.

View attachment 32651 View attachment 32652
I'm thinking that in 1953 it wasn't such a critical issue. Some interesting information on the SWISS Made stamp.

Swiss Made - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.