WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a G-shock. But I want something different. so! Ive come to the conclusion that I want to purchase some sort of military watch. Also I was just thinking about getting a nice little Timex easy reader and buying additional straps customization etc.

any other recommendations?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I own a G-shock. But I want something different. so! Ive come to the conclusion that I want to purchase some sort of military watch. Also I was just thinking about getting a nice little Timex easy reader and buying additional straps customization etc.

Hi Fay520,

Do you have a budget for the military watch?

Cheers!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not to be glib, but you are already wearing the definition of the modern military watch. With very few exceptions, most other watches would make lesser military watches. You'll surely be able to find a lot of watches with much more curb appeal or more obvious "military" styling. However from a pure performance POV, very little beats a G these days for military applications.

·
Registered
512 Posts
$$$

It does depend on what you're looking to spend...

There's Seiko, Hamilton, Luminox, etc... Options are infinite...

·
Registered
540 Posts

Which branch of the military? There are divers, aviators, infantry, spec. ops, tankies, artillery...

Depends on price points too. What they give to a retiring general vs. a NCO is different.

I've seen commemorative redialed versions of Hamilton and Seiko given to retiring servicemen from the local Army.

Pretty much useless in the rough and muck of the field though. A civilized military looking watch for the retired soldier, I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts