WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to who sells these items? Are they exclusive to only select dealers? I have been looking around to try and find a place to purchase these watches, but am not having much luck. I assume due to the cost that not all dealers cary this line.

Also, I am confused, are all the "RESERVE" lines COSC ?

Ebay doesnt even seem to yield many of these COSC grade watches.

Also, will the case and bracelet as well as Dials be better on a COSC watch or is it strictly the movement that is the key here?

In other words, for example the Reserve Pro Diver, will the movement in it be the main difference in comparison to my 4469 Diver also with automatic movement ??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
788 Posts
In general, the reason you don't see many is that Invicta keeps the production of their COSC's rather limited.

No- not all Reserve models are COSC

In all cases- Reserve models are more well done than their non-reserve counterparts

Not all COSC invicta's are of reserve quality- al la Commander (50mm of Titanium)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I'll probably do a little ditty with photos on my Reserve watch this weekend in the Invicta Forum.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The Reserve offers several upgrades to the regular Pro Diver, but when you hear Eyal and Jim speak of the watches, they really emphasize the cosc movement as the premier feature. Mine is extremely accurate and came with "swiss papers," but it is still a mechanical watch, so it will never keep time like a quartz. The pedigree is nice, but the other upgrades are the things I enjoy on a day to day basis.

My suggestion to anyone thinking about a Reserve Pro Diver is to order one, play around with it for a week or two, and make up your own mind. As Invicta collectors, we place a great emphasis on bang for the buck. So paying $700 to $800 for an Invicta dive watch is really a matter of personal choice. But really the only way of knowing for sure is to see one in person and put it on your wrist. I think they are worth every penny.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
788 Posts
They do offer a lot in terms of features, they use a Chronometer grade SW200. For $700ish they may be a good way to go....others say that if you're gonna spend 7-800 go elsewhere, so that's up to you.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
The Reserve line divers are much nicer than the regular Invictas.

Invicta has offered COSC models - throughout its range - for many years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts