WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post. I hope you guys find it interesting.

I'm really interested in the modding possibilities for the Invictas with the Seiko movements. I know normally Seikos with that movement have a 28.5mm dial, and I've seen a post on another site with modded 8926OBV2s with Seiko dials that dropped in. So, I've been spending literally hours looking at various Invicta models, and have noticed, at least based upon my crude computer screen estimations, some of the Invictas with Seiko movements seem to have dials larger than 28.5 mm. For example, the 1002 has a 44mm case compared to the 8926's 40mm, and it appears that its dial is as large as 33mm according to my approximations using the scale pictures on vendor sites. Same with the 0467 which has a whopping 47mm case width. I can't be sure if the difference in widths is solely due to bigger cases and wider bezels, or if the dials on the 1002, 0467, etc., are actually larger than the dials on the 8926s. Do any of you know the answer? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! Within the Invicta brand your going to find a wide variety of dial sizes. The one I'm wearing right now (model 0607 w/ the SW500 movement) has a 47 mm case size with a 35 mm dial another one I have with me (model 10640 w/ the NH35A movement) also has a 47 mm case and a 33 mm dial. When you get into the larger sizes (and they get even bigger) I'm not sure what the availability of mod parts will be but I've never tried to mod a watch before. If you do tackle it I'd love for you to post some pics of the process. Maybe the 8926 is a great place to start or look at some of the grand divers. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've found one thread where someone with an Invicta 6053 with a 33mm dial was able to source a replacement dial from Wilson Watch Works. Couldn't find anyone else selling 33mm dials. Complete set of replacement hands will be difficult to source because Seiko hands are 150/90/20, and 2824 hands are 150/90/25, and the hands should be longer than normal Seiko hands due to the bigger dial.

Re 8926 (40mm case) mods with the Seiko movements (NH25A, NH26A, NH35A), you can source replacement dials and hands from Yobokies, Jake B. at 10watches.com, and there are some 2824 dials that are 28.5mm that you could make fit by cutting off the feet on the back of the dial and using dial dots. I'm not sure whether the date windows will match up though.

Re crystals, read that the crystal size on 8926s is 30.5mm, in case you want to upgrade to sapphire.

Re bezel inserts, read that the inserts from the scalloped bezel 8926s and the coin-edged bezel 8926s are interchangeable, and that the inserts can be swapped with submariner bezel inserts found on ebay.

Keep in mind that I haven't done any mods to an Invicta yet (I just received by 8926 today, and I'll have to return it because I ordered the coin-edged bezel and got the scalloped instead), so I can't guarantee any of what I've posted will work on your watch.

Also, for reference, the scallop-bezeled 8926 that I ordered last week and received today came with the Seiko NH35A movement that hacks and hand-winds.

Any other info anyone can add would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts