WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Breitling Emergency on the internet. I contacted Breitling signed the forms and registered it under my name. My question is, will Breitling still mail me gifts as well? Or only people that buy them from AD's get the gifts? I hope im still considered "special" even though I didnt pay retail. Also do you get better gifts as you add more watches? Im thinking of getting the Avenger Seawolf next. I love that watch..
Here are a couple shot of my Emergency. Sorry I got like a .001MP camera:001_smile:

NEXT ON THE LIST:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Hey Wallstreet,

First, welcome to WTF! Hope to see you join in the fun & post often...

Second, Congrats on the new Emergency! :thumbup1: We don't have too many of them around here, but there's a few... Glad to see another one!

Regarding the gifts, I'll be extremely surprised if they do send you one. I've never heard of anyone getting the gifts unless the watch was purchased at an AD. One of the perks of buying from the AD. I'm sure they registered your info in case you send it in for service requirements, but that's probably all they did. Kind of the same as your manufactures warranty not being recognized either if you don't buy at an AD.... Though like you said, you saved a few a bit, so you could always get the gift at the place by the sea... :wink:

They used to give better gifts the more you bought (again only AD ones counted), but with everyone cost cutting these days I'm not sure how extravagant they get anymore. I haven't heard of anyone getting the high-end gifts for awhile....

Anyways, welcome again. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hello Mr Wallstreet and a very warm welcome to WTF from me too.

Many congratualtions on your new Emergency Mission. The whole package is stunning.:thumbup::thumbup:

About a month back we didn't have any Emergency watches on this forum and now we have three, I believe. Great stuff.

Hope you can stick around and join in the fun.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi guys

Let me get this straight.

You go to your AD, buy a Breitling, he fills in the international waranty booklet, which you keep and he also, not to your knowlege perhaps, sends in some info to Breitling to say you have bought the watch and in return Breitling send you a gift?

I bought my Colt GMT in October 2006 and have never got anything. Am I missing something? (apart from a free gift, obviously).

Stew

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Hi guys

Let me get this straight.

You go to your AD, buy a Breitling, he fills in the international waranty booklet, which you keep and he also, not to your knowlege perhaps, sends in some info to Breitling to say you have bought the watch and in return Breitling send you a gift?

I bought my Colt GMT in October 2006 and have never got anything. Am I missing something? (apart from a free gift, obviously).

Stew
Hey Stew,

Well a couple of things.

First, not all AD's mail in the info to Breitling. Some do, but then some expect you to fillout the warranty card & mail it in. Did you ever mail in your registration card? If not, it's possible Breitling doesn't know you own your watch.

Second, the gift program varies from country to country. So it's not always the same and some don't get any from what I understand. But I do believe the UK is one they distribute the gifts in.

If you're not sure if you mailed in your registration card, look in your box. If it's still there, go ahead & mail it in. You may get the hat (or maybe something else) then... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Scott

I just checked my box and there is no registration card. I read the forum on watchuseek and a UK guy on there called Eagle had never got any freebies either and no registration card for that matter.

The assumption is that the AD sends the card off and Breitling UK do not give gifts.

I have emailed B UK and will await their reply on the matter.

Cheers Scott

Stew

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well I have an answer Breitling UK owners...

Dear Mr Davies

We do not have a registration service as such in the UK, however I would be delighted to send you a baseball cap free of charge if you could email me your postal address.

Kind regards

Caroline Hanbury
Marketing Executive

Breitling UK Ltd
Tel: 020 7299 8227

Well at least I can get a cap now.

Stew

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Well, sorry to hear the UK brethren won't get it automatically, but glad to hear they offer the cap.. Very good on Breitling... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi Stew,

Thanks for looking into this and congrats on the Breitling Cap, once it arrives. I have one and it's well worth having.

All I can say is: Us Brits gets stiffed again. High prices, sometimes last to see new models and now no free gifts through registration. By my rough estimation we are ten times closer to Switzerland than the US. How does that work?

At least I have a good enough relationship with my AD to get the free gifts anyway, but that hardly seems the point.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Hi Stew,

Thanks for looking into this and congrats on the Breitling Cap, once it arrives. I have one and it's well worth having.

All I can say is: Us Brits gets stiffed again. High prices, sometimes last to see new models and now no free gifts through registration. By my rough estimation we are ten times closer to Switzerland than the US. How does that work?

At least I have a good enough relationship with my AD to get the free gifts anyway, but that hardly seems the point.

And you though we were crazy for throwing all that tea in the harbor lo' those years ago.........

JUST SAY NO TO TAXATION!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (I know - yea, right... :sad: :blink:)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
:scared: Oh man, oh man. I didn't know about "freebies". I'm going home tonight to Register my B1. :thumbup1: I have no idea how it happened, but earlier this year I was sent an invite to the Breitling for Bentley 6.75 unveiling at Bentley Motors. Champagne, photo ops and sign up for a test drive. That's about all I've had in connection with my purchase from the AD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well you can add another Emergency owner to the list (myself)... I too was not aware of the gifts. Is it a one time thing or every year? What are some gifts everyone here has received?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well you can add another Emergency owner to the list (myself)... I too was not aware of the gifts. Is it a one time thing or every year? What are some gifts everyone here has received?
Congrats on the Emergency:thumbup1: (i love mine)

As far as the gifts go you get one for every New watch you buy,not a gift every year unfotunatly. I just registered 3 more B's in the last month so i cant wait to see what they send me:tongue_smilie:

I stopped in BUSA today to get an 08 chronolog,its nice having them 10 min from my house:thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
You have the yellow dial Emergency FrontierMan?

I am very jealous, I may or may not have to rectify my mistake in choosing the gray in the future. It seemed initially too bold a color but it fits the personality of the watch so well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You have the yellow dial Emergency FrontierMan?

I am very jealous, I may or may not have to rectify my mistake in choosing the gray in the future. It seemed initially too bold a color but it fits the personality of the watch so well.
Hey YoungGun,
Yes i do have the Yellow E,and i Love it:001_wub:

Its not new (i got it 2 months ago)but it was serviced by BUSA in 04 and was not worn as it looks new:thumbup1: I Love the style and would take it in Any dial color! I really Love the Grey dialed B's,and i need to get a grey one!

BTW, i got 2 hats from Breitling today (from other watches):thumbup:

That cofirms that they are still sending gifts for new purchases anyway:thumbup:

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
I thought I knew what my grail was

until I saw this thread. I so have to get a Breitling Emergency:001_wub:
I don't what about the watch so attracts me, but I am hooked. Guess I'm gonna have to start playing the lottery ...

·
Registered
423 Posts
until I saw this thread. I so have to get a Breitling Emergency:001_wub:
I don't what about the watch so attracts me, but I am hooked. Guess I'm gonna have to start playing the lottery ...
Hey AO, i think its the ultimate Tool watch! I had to have one when i first saw one:tongue_smilie: Good Luck with the Lottery:001_smile:

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Hey AO, i think its the ultimate Tool watch! I had to have one when i first saw one:tongue_smilie: Good Luck with the Lottery:001_smile:
J/k about the lottery thing. Seriously, I'm gonna start saving for that beast. It's gonna take awhile so I hope Breitling doesn't take it out of the product mix in the meantime (insert smiley here with fingers crossed!).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts