WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been discussed before and if so, I apologize for bringing it up again.
We just received the 4073 Women's Classic Diamond watch my wife bought during one of the clearance shows and with all the regular paperwork was included an INVICTA CERTIFICATE OF QUALITY CONTROL.
This is the first one of these I've seen and we have purchased several Invictas over the course of this last year, not to mention previous years.

It lists 8 separate categories; dials, hands, mov't functions, and so on. Under each are itemized details pertaining to that category and a box checked either N/A or APPRVD by each item. There are over 55 such details covered by this list! And then, lastly, it is signed and dated by the inspector.

Now I know that Invicta has put some measures in place to improve customer service and quality control, but is this list and the subsequent inspection being done for certain models only? Or maybe on just a few random examples here and there?

Seems to me that if this is an inclusive step on their products prior to shipping, that we wouldn't still be seeing and hearing about watches arriving with disconnected stems or bezels separated from the case or whatever.

Don't take this the wrong way, it isn't a rant or slam against Invicta. On the contrary, I think this is a positive and bold step forward to improving this area of customer satisfaction, if it is done effectively. I am just wondering as to why I hadn't seen this checklist before?

Dave

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I purchased a defective Invicta Reserve Speedway that had such a checklist in the box. Personaly, I think the list is checked off ahead of time and one goes in each box......

-Pete

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased a defective Invicta Reserve Speedway that had such a checklist in the box. Personaly, I think the list is checked off ahead of time and one goes in each box......

-Pete

Yeah, that would be another purpose of the list; gives the appearance of QC.

Examples like your experience is what had me wondering how that certificate was actually being used.

The happenstance of damaged by delivery carrier, of course, would not necessarily be the fault of QC. That is unless the damage due to rough handling was the end result of the merchandise being marginally sound
when it left the factory.

I don't mean to imply that your defective Speedway was the fault of the carrier. Just wondering out loud (out text?) of the possibility of spotty QC.

Dave

·
Banned
927 Posts
There were several reports of this checklist being provided with their high end RESERVE line, and the watches being defective or in some cases even having missing screws and other defects. When the RESERVE line was introduced, much was made of these checklists, but they are hardly mentioned now.

In many respects, Invicta quality is still a crapshoot.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
In many respects, Invicta quality is still a crapshoot.
Agreed, as I have stated elsewhere, QC and Customer Service seem to elude the company. This is the missing element. The watches are very nice for the money paid. I have many of them. Many were sent back for defects. My experience has been, they come out of the box either good or bad, and stay that way.

-Pete

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got the black TT russian diver from the Sunday Run a couple months back. Came with the check list, yet when I used the chrono for the first time, the minute hand stuck on two minutes. I've tried resetting it a ton of times, never moves from 2 minute mark, yet the other dials work fine and it keeps great time.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Forget the checklist-it's just a marketing ploy.
I bought a Prowler chrono that had the checklist and the date wouldn't change and 2 chrono subdial hands fell off .
I have a witness too-the hands fell off as the seller -a Mall AD- was looking at the date problem.
Luckily I purchased from a B&M AD and got an immediate exchange.
Live and learn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts