WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those are awesome. SOOO I can jump to the conclusion that I'll have no worries about a Seiko PVD coated case and bracelet?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) plated. I do have some black and gunmetal Ionic Plated (IP) watches that I have never encountered any problems with.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I live near the sea, the black PVD coating seems to turn slight colour after a while.
Watchmaker says it's normal. How true it is? Then I use a clean cloth and give it a good hard clean, it seems to be better but not as 'black' as before.

This is my experience.

·
Registered
793 Posts
O.K. Arman, while I do realize my original post bears no relavance to your question since both Invicta and Renato do not even make PVD plated watches, I just wanted to post a few pics of some good looking non-stainless watches.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I own some and have sold some with that coating as well. I will tell you this all PVD coated watches are not created equall. Meaning it really depends on how thick the coating is. Which is measured in microns. If its five or more you will most likely not wear through it. If it's say three and you wear it everyday you could wear through it in a few places in just a few years time. For most of the folks here that switch off often. You will most likely not have an issue.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
O.K. Arman, while I do realize my original post bears no relavance to your question since both Invicta and Renato do not even make PVD plated watches, I just wanted to post a few pics of some good looking non-stainless watches.
Me too,I like the looks of IP,the gunmetal IP on my Invictas have a antique look to them.If they do ever fade or wear off,I think they would look natural and old looking, in a cool way.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts