WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
582 Posts
Thank you

Is this a good example ?
This example has the correct hands for yours but that image is a US version 2528 which should have white spear hands. Your case, reflector and crystal are all original and correct Swiss 316-1 factory spaceview. As for the movement swap, this is not uncommon. Cosmetically, as it has the hack spring, it really only needs the spear hour/minute to look correct.

· Registered
582 Posts
Wow thank you so much.

Out of all the vintage watches, I had to get very fascinated to a watch that requires intensive amount of research to find an authentic, lol.

You are absolutely right, there is so much to this and can be overwhelming. But in the last couple days, I think I have gathered information to be able identify a legit spaceview (I think, by no means I think I am at any of your guys level). I also was able to get a hold of couple watchmakers who specialize in Accutron who are willing to advise me on my potential purchase.

Links that I really found helpful during my research

Questions
  • Are the cushions spaceview less likely to be conversion ?
  • I have my eye on these two, what are you guys thoughts

My website is still a work in progress but features examples of quite a few of the factory spaceviews: www.spaceview.ca

The models that are unlikely to be conversions are the Swiss styles with wide chapter rings. There are also a few of the later US versions that are unlikely to be conversions.

As per my previous comments. based on the photos you have posted, yours is an original Swiss 316-1 but has had a movement and hand swap.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts