WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per your request, here's some pics of my Pulsar from 1982. Don't know much about it, but I think it's a pretty average quartz for the time.
I would love to be able to get a replacement plastic 'cover' for it, it would bring it back to life :)
Cheers....

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Well, if it is the mighty classic quartz that humbled the entire Swiss watch industry in the 70s...:D...funny thing is most of them are still alive and keeping good time while some of my friends have a hard time getting parts for their vintage Rolex.:huh:

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
This isn't quite as vintage, but I believe it's a late 80s ana-dig. It was my dad's, so it will never leave me (nor I it.) Considering its age, and the fact that my dad was pretty hard on watches, it's in tremendous shape. Still keeps excellent time. Any ideas on how I can find out it's exact date. There's a six-digit number on the caseback below the Pulsar name, and another set of numbers that travel around the outer edge of the caseback.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brrrrrr...... that's a coool photo :001_rolleyes:
Makes me happy we've hit summer now. Nice watch BTW.
Pulsars' used to be very popular, but don't see much of them anymore. They were made by Seiko, I believe, so were very good quality, at a good price.

This isn't quite as vintage, but I believe it's a late 80s ana-dig. It was my dad's, so it will never leave me (nor I it.) Considering its age, and the fact that my dad was pretty hard on watches, it's in tremendous shape. Still keeps excellent time. Any ideas on how I can find out it's exact date. There's a six-digit number on the caseback below the Pulsar name, and another set of numbers that travel around the outer edge of the caseback.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
The first one is as ugly as sin, but very representative of the watches of the day.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure the clothes you wore in 1982 would get a few grins now :biggrin:
As you say - it was representative of the watches of the day, but definitely hasn't aged gracefully. I'd still like to 'do it up' but doubt any parts are available, and wouldn't want to spend much anyway, especially if it has a face only it's mother could love :blink:
Cheers.

The first one is as ugly as sin, but very representative of the watches of the day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts