WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New automatic Seiko with day date in 2012 will have hacking and handwinding feature in the form of the new 4R36 movement. The manufacturer specs seems very low on accuracy +/-45s per day but Seiko calibres can be regulated to much tighter specs with a little work. :wink:

At this stage, here in Asia we are seeing Seiko 5 debuting with it and Thomas (Yeoman Seiko Blog) just posted on his blog 3 limited edition 200m Divers with 4R36 movement. At first glance my heart leaped for joy seeing shrouded hacking day/date auto diver but I'll give them a pass as the shrouded case is just plastic. In the meantime a couple of 100m WR Seiko 5 seems to indicate that good things are coming for Seiko fans this year.

Here is a couple quick photos from the internet (I'll try to get some photos of mine as soon as they arrive at my B&M AD). Hope you like what you are seeing.

Seiko SRP172J1

Seiko SRP163J1

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
At this stage, here in Asia we are seeing Seiko 5 debuting with it and Thomas (Yeoman Seiko Blog) just posted on his blog 3 limited edition 200m Divers with 4R36 movement. At first glance my heart leaped for joy seeing shrouded hacking day/date auto diver but I'll give them a pass as the shrouded case is just plastic.

Rose gold and nasty looking brown plastic :eek:hmy:

Just as well they are only limited editions.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Bullosa, I think you ought to give the 5s with a plastic shroud a chance. I've had one -- wish I hadn't flipped it -- and I thought it was very well done. Seemed like the plastic was very tough. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bullosa, I think you ought to give the 5s with a plastic shroud a chance. I've had one -- wish I hadn't flipped it -- and I thought it was very well done. Seemed like the plastic was very tough. But that's just my opinion.
That's cool, coming from you (you have great taste and standards). I'll be sure to check them out. I guess I was hoping that Seiko will revive the Japanese watch market in this economy with something closer to the Tuna. :tongue_smilie:

Cheers!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just picked up this new SARZ003 Seiko 5 Sports with the 4R36 movement

I'm liking it alot and it seems to be accurate within about 2.5 seconds a day.
Not long before that watch was introduced, I was wishing someone would do a dial in that color with a SS case/bezel. I wish Seiko would have chosen bolder hands, but it's still a winner.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Nice looking models there Daron, nice movements and features

I have to agree, and I hope to see some other new releases from Seiko & Citizen this year. A brand new year with new models, what could be cooler than that! :thumbup1:

Cheers mate, :biggrin:
Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sarz003

I just picked up this new SARZ003 Seiko 5 Sports with the 4R36 movement

I'm liking it alot and it seems to be accurate within about 2.5 seconds a day.
That's a nice one, others are available in other colors too. What is the actual size of the case?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts