WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Im brand new to the board and to Invicta. I just picked up a grand zen lupah 2 weeks ago and have fallen in love with it. :w00t:

I've been lurking around this board and the pro divers have really caught my eye as well. Im just itching to get one but can't decide b/t two models.

I like the bigger 43mm case that both the 4605 and the 4469 provides. Just wanted to know what experiences you guys have with both of the models. Pros and cons for both watches?? Thanks for all your input in advance. :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Jace75 hello and welcome to the Original Invicta Forum. I don't have either, but I am sure someone here can answer you question. When you get a chance post photos of your Lupah.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Hi guys, Im brand new to the board and to Invicta. I just picked up a grand zen lupah 2 weeks ago and have fallen in love with it. :w00t:

I've been lurking around this board and the pro divers have really caught my eye as well. Im just itching to get one but can't decide b/t two models.

I like the bigger 43mm case that both the 4605 and the 4469 provides. Just wanted to know what experiences you guys have with both of the models. Pros and cons for both watches?? Thanks for all your input in advance. :thumbup:

hi pal, to start the 4469 is above the 4605 in every aspect.
the 4469 is all swiss made and the 4605 is made in asia with an excellent Japanese movement.

the 4469 have sapphire crystal and the 4605 mineral.
both have the same case size

the 4469 have the beloved coin edge bezel and the 4605 have the scalloped bezel.

the 4469 have solid end links and the 4605 doesnt.
the 4469 have better bracelet, clasp and better fit and finish.

however, the 4605 is about $200 cheaper, and its a great choice too, very durable watch.

but if you could get the 4469 much beter.

if you decide, try contacting Triton, he can give you a great deal.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
wilfreb did a great comparison for you. However if cost is not an issue and I had to choose between both on cosmetics then I would go with the 4469 just because I love the coin edge bezel. Of course you also get the Swiss movement and all the other upgrades. But look wise I would go with the 4469 hands down.

·
Registered
123 Posts
4469 is one of my favorite watches get it it has all the things wilfreb said and you wont be disappointed nd welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your input guys.

I did forget to mention that cost IS an issue. Im a broke college student haha. I was leaning more towards the 4605 as its on sale for only $129 compared to the 4469 at about $300.

I was just concerned if the cheaper 4605's Japanese movement was reliable. I'll most likely use it as a daily beater.

Finally, do you guys know if they make a CE bezel for the 43mm case? Maybe I could switch out the SE bezel on the 4605 for a CE.

Again, Thanks

·
Banned
2,874 Posts

I did forget to mention that cost IS an issue. Im a broke college student haha. I was leaning more towards the 4605 as its on sale for only $129 compared to the 4469 at about $300.

I was just concerned if the cheaper 4605's Japanese movement was reliable. I'll most likely use it as a daily beater.

Finally, do you guys know if they make a CE bezel for the 43mm case? Maybe I could switch out the SE bezel on the 4605 for a CE.

Again, Thanks
You'd have to contact Invicta directly for the bezel. But I have an 8928 with the scalloped bezel, and IMO works as good and looks as good as a CE. BTW, the automatic Miyota movement is a solid movement.:thumbup: There's no reason to be concerned about that!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
3mm is not that much of a difference. I say buy your self an 8926 (40mm)with the coin bezel. A few web sites still sell them. Seen them between $80 - $100

·
Registered
3,345 Posts

Again, Thanks

if
is a problem, then dont hesitate to get the 4605, its a solid watch and the Miyota movement is a very excellent durable and accurate movement.

let us know your decision.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Get an 8926 coin bezel, you'll have a legendary watch with more "history" than the 4469. It has the same japanese Miyota movement. It's cheaper. And there's a titanium version of it as well...

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I decided on the 4605. I was actually at Costco this morning and they had a 2686 pro diver (the one with the white MOP dial, day/date, and same 40mm case as the 8926).

Tried it on and thought it was just a bit small. Well after couple weeks of wearing my grand zen lupah, most watches feel small...haha. I know 43mm is not much larger, but hey I guess any small amount helps...maybe its just a psychological thing too. :001_rolleyes:

Ordered through ShopNBC and expected delivery is Mar 9. They have a sale on the 4605/4606 right now for only $129. I think thats a great deal...right?? haha

Anyways, thanks guys for your input. I'll get some pics up when the cheese block gets here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts