GMT ll c $6,825

DD presidentials $24,750

Daytona SS $9,200

Subs no date $5300

Sub Date $6225

Big increases

Don

#2 ·
My AD just told me I can buy the GMT II today at $5950 or $1000 more tomorrow.

#9 ·
Here's a few more prices..

Two-tones Submariner: $9,050 (+16%)
Steel / platinum Yacht-Master (40mm): $9,175 (+10%)

Don, My AD qouted me $5,850 for the SS Sub Date... Wonder which is right???? At the price I was quoted it's a 13% increase. Yours is a 20%!!! :confused1:

He hadn't gone thru the full list yet, but he said the smallest percentages he saw was 10%, and there wansn't too many of those....

#11 ·
So much for what I know...I figured the gold models would be hit the hardest. But that Presidential price is unchanged. Here's a few more I've found out:
NEW PRICE: OLD PRICE:
GMTIIC $6825 ??
GMTIIC SS/18K $10050 $8925.00
SUB N/D $5300 $4525.00
SUB DATE $5850 $5175.00
Sea -Dweller $6225 $5275.00
LV Sub: $6225 $5525.00
SUB SS/18K $9050 $7825.00
YM SS $9175 $8325.00
SS DAYTONA $9200 $7900.00

A lot of surprises here...hard to believe that the Daytona has gone up so much....I guess this is Rolex's way of either controlling the grey market, or cashing in on the watches popularity/true market value.

DANG! My Sea-Dweller is up a grand!! And the LV increase was more modest...apparently they are the same price now. Makes more sense.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the secondary market prices, and how quickly it happens.

#12 ·
So the Daytona went up 16.5%... :w00t: :w00t:

So question - do you think you'll see the 'premium' priced versions on eBay & in 2nd hand dealers for $13,500-14,000 now (~16% more than today)? Or do you think that's getting a bit rediculous - even for the Daytona?

Or, will this possible reduce th desire for Daytona's, even if just a little? Speaking for me, I certainly won't spend $9,200 for a SS watch. $7,900 was a stretch. I can get a TT or platinum Yach-Master or TT Sub for less money than a SS Daytona.. I'd rather have any of those - even though the Daytona does have a certain mistique quality to it...

What do you guys think?

#13 ·
I honestly don't know Scott. On one hand, if sales/production slows, it could mean less examples in circulation, which will push up secondary market prices (less production would be a good thing from my perspective).

On the other hand, It just may mean more USA watches going to Europe due to the exchange rate, and few Americans owning Daytonas. Which would mean that secondary prices would indeed go up.

So it's hard for me to envision a scenario where prices don't eventually go up. :scared:

#14 ·
Well, I guess I'm looking more at possibly sales / production staying the same, with less people willing to pay the money. Less people willing to pay would drive down the secondary market. Won't be to retail levels, but maybe closer to them... Don't know.. Just spitballing here.... :confused1:

#16 ·
I just drove to the AD and put 10% down on the SS Sub. So I am locked in at $5175.00. But I am still waiting for a GMT II so I can compare the two watches. The best they would do for the price of the new GMT II is $6200.00.

So, now I'm in the waiting mode...

Domenic

#17 ·
I asked my AD the same question about the daytona SS

She said in her opinion (20+ yrs of rollie sales) the SS will increase on the secondary market to reflect this increase.

I said, do you think it will be harder to sell an SS Daytona now,, with the increase and the economy in the USA overall,, she said NO way, not on the SS Daytona. THey still get many calls everyday from all over the usa about a SS in stock.

What a watch!

don

#20 ·
Anyone remember what the GMT II was before the IIc? Didn't they raise the price of the GMT IIc vs. the GMT II? I'm just wondering, let's assume a SS new Sub comes out in April (unlikely, but lets assume). Would that be another increase on top of tomorrow's? So the Sub would be closer to what the GMT IIc is, say 6,600? That would be an increase of almost 28% compared with 'todays' price... :eek:

Would you pay $6,600 for a new sub vs. $5,200 for todays Sub if they were both in the display case side-by-side? Assume the differences would be super-case, maxi dial, blue parachrom, ceramic bezel, solid center links & new clasp. Is all that worth a 28% increase to you, or is the current Sub "good enough"? Just wonderin' what you're thinkin'....

#24 ·
Domenic

I too thought abt the sub and the less expensive price, BUT, life is too short and I said,,

NO

that GMT ll c is gorgeous,, the black ceramic bezel, the maxi dial...

I swear,, I would trade my DD YG before letting the GMT,, well maybe not.

I love them both.

Get the GMT.

Now i understand why the $6200.

There are dealers that have the new GMTs in stock here in FL.

They did yesterday and may have sold them already.

Don

I think I heard second hand Scott that the new GMT ll c was priced higher then the former GMT.

#25 ·
Ok, so lets talk about the Elephant in the room. Its obvious that Rolex is raising prices because of the prolonged imbalance between the $ vs. other currencies. Since it is suicide for Rolex to lower prices, does this mean when the $ gains strength they will raise the prices in other markets?

#27 ·
I was after both the:

GMTII - $5950 and the SeaDweller - $5375.00

I couldn't decide between them so I bought both:blink:

Since they both go up $1000 tomorrow I'm hoping it wasn't a bad move. I did get 10% of the SD on today's prices and $100 off the GMT (best I could find anywhere)

I have to go so my wife can kill me now. It's been nice knowing ya all....

#28 ·
My AD just called me, so I came straight to the forum. All I can say is I love my AD and over the last 4 years he has been right on with the price increases and has saved me a ton of money. Granted I have more than likely bought my last Rolex with the Daytona a couple weeks back, but if I ever buy another, I will no doubt buy from him. Even at retail, I get a 5 yr warranty from them and a Manager that "looks out for me":thumbup:. My last 2 purchases were the GMT IIc at $5950 and the SS Daytona $7900, I almost feel like I won the lottery. Maybe this will appease my wife a little:confused1: knowing I just spent $7900 in order to save $1300. Makes sense to me:thumbup1:

John

#29 ·
You're in the clear John. My wife tries that argument on me all the time. She just can't understand how buying something unnecessary (even with a great discount) is NOT saving. Of course, the Daytona is a different matter altogether. :drool:

#33 ·
My own...adjusted...theory in all this as we learn more, is that maybe the gold items were already priced so high that they did not need to be adjusted as much as the steel models, from the Rolex company perspective anyway.

Consider that, even with the old prices, the difference between the relatively slight amount of extra gold that goes into a gold watch band, as opposed to a gold watch on a strap with a gold buckle, still adds around $7,000 :eek: to the price, and this starts to make some sense, even taking into account today's rising gold values. Rolex was hardly giving that gold away to begin with, so no need for a big price adjustment. Besides, gold was always on the rise, albeit at a somewhat slower pace, we just talk about it more lately as a recession supposedly looms. Of course, all these conclusions are easier to come to AFTER the new prices have been seen. Hindsight is always twenty-twenty. :cool:

Anyways, anyone know what the solid gold sport models go for now? I would love to know exacty what has changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.