WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to a few AD's. They are all pointing to March as a price increase. One of them had the Rolex rep mention to them it would March. I am not buying anything, so there was no reason to tell me other wise. Also, it makes sense since the last price increase was Oct 2, 2006 and the price of gold and plat. is so high.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Price increase...I think it's just a vicious rumor :lol:

Honestly, I could really care less. If you are in the market for a 5k+ watch and you let a 10-15% increase factor into your decision...maybe you don't need to be looking at the watch.

Of course, this is only my warped opinion :cool1:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Yea, I've heard other 'for sure' dates for the increase as well. One AD says Feb 15th, one says Mar. 1, and one says Mar.15. I also don't trust the Rolex sales reps, I bet they're all guessing too. I doubt Rolex would tell them, and then tell them to keep it secret as apparently none of them know how to keep a secret if they're all telling the AD's 'this day is the increase'... :wink:

The only think we can take for fact is there will be an increase. When, is another game altogether.... :confused1:

BTW, wasn't there another small increase in Feb or May last year on some models? I seem to recall another increase since the Oct. '06 time, though maybe not on the sports line.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My AD called me Friday to ask me about a non-Rolex purchase I had made at his store and I asked him about the price-increase and he said that his salesperson said March 1st.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
While AD's know zero about Rolexes' new models, improvements, etc., I do believe they know about price increases. As the sellers of Rolex watches, I can't imagine price changes coming as a surprise after the fact. Tough as Rolex is, it just wouldn't make sense. But, hey....lots of things in this world make no sense, so I guess it's a possibility.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Seriously, the good thing about annual Rolex price hikes is they maintain the value of your used pieces.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Would not surprise me. The Pats just raised their prices and that noise you heard were people dropping in shock:

75 to 89 2nd cheapest in the house
125 to 169 most expensive seat in house (except club and luxury box)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts